09

09.
The clock read 1pm and I turned over to face Harry with a small sigh; I didn't want to leave the bed. It was a surprise to find Harry's side of the bed empty, his pillows neatly thrown against the headboard and the duvet straight. I could smell something cooking as the scent cascaded through the gaps of the bedroom door. Wanting to find the source of the smell, I stand from the bed and try to neaten the white sheets before moving to the door, opening it silently. The first sight I see is Harry's back; he was leaning over the oven with a pan in hand.

"Hey, baby." He greets as soon as he catches me moving onto the tiles, he puts the pan down before stepping near me and quickly kissing my lips. I must have smiled more than I ever had before in 1972.

"Hey. What's all this?" I ask.

"What does it look like?" He chuckles, "I'm cooking breakfast, well lunch. Brunch."

"Oh, it smells lovely. Wait, I can smell something burning."

"Shit!" Harry exclaims before opening the oven, an overwhelming amount of smoke hitting him as he did, and pulling out a tray of waffles that were in there simply to warm up but were now black with ash.

He looks ahead of him at the plain wall, almost reminiscing on the miseries of life for a moment as a result of this hardship, and I try to suffice the laugh wanting to escape but I fail. His head turned to me and his features instantly brightened as he made his way back over to me.

"Is something funny, Woodford?" He clues playfully before proceeding to tickle my waist, I make a dash into the living area away from him and he follows closely behind me.

Before I could even comprehend anything, he was chasing me over the sofas and onto the balcony, eventually catching up to me and tackling me onto the sofa. His body was on top of me, holding me down, leaning on his elbow to the right of me. We were both panting from lack of breath and I quickly realised how I was merely wearing one of Harry's shirts and underwear. He came closer before crashing his lips into mine, his eyes lustful, and I gave into temptation immediately. I thought that this may be the time that we both consummate our love but he seemed hesitant as he merely ran his fingers up and down my forearm.

"We should go somewhere today." He muttered, his face still close to mine. It wasn't long before he dropped his head beside me, I could feel his nose against my neck.

"Where would you want to go?"

"I'm not sure." He breathes out, "We could always just go for a long drive."

I mean, it seemed like a waste of gas, but boy, was it a good idea at the time. We quickly showered and dressed before practically chasing each other down the steps of the apartment block and to the truck. Harry was holding a huge number of cassette tapes in his hand for the truck's radio.

"What do you have there?" I ask, once he had entered the truck, before taking one and inspecting the words printed onto it.

"A bit of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Monkees, all that kind of thing." He says, pushing the Monkees tape into the radio. "Oh, there's a bottle of wine in the back of the truck if you want it."

"Isn't that a bit risky? What if the cops stop us and find it?"

"They probably won't, you'll never know if you don't do it. Live a little." He smiled cheekily before kissing my lips and starting the engine.

My hand went to the wine bottle behind his seat, yeah, I'd show him that I could live a little. After only a short amount of time, Harry and I were cruising down streets that I hadn't even seen before. The wine bottle was between my legs securely and I picked it up to drink every now and then.