Chapter Ten

JUSTIN'S POV

  I stepped off the private jet for the third time today, but this time, I had Tori and my mom by my side. It was aound eleven o'clock so luckily, no paparazzi was out. "Hey Justin! Over here!" No! Paparazzi!

  "Justin, what are doing?" my mom asked me.

  "Not talking to the paparazzi."

  "That's not paparazzi," she laughed. "Usher's picking us up."

  "Oh," I replied and changed direction so I was walking towards him. "Hey, what's up?"

  "Nothing much. Just picking your sorry butt up at the airport because you couldn't keep your mouth shut," Usher said with an expressionless face. "We need to talk when you we get to your house."

  "Okay." What was up with him? He usually wasn't this tense.

  When we got to the beach house, I put my stuff in my room and went to talk with Usher. "Hey. Why did you want to talk to me?" I asked him.

  "I would've had you stay at home, but," he turned on the tv. "look at all this bad publicity. You can't be doing this. You're jeopardizing your career. Everything you've worked for could be gone just like," he snapped his fingers. "that."

  "Do you know why I was yelling at the media?" I questioned.

  "Because they were surrounding your house and scared Tori."

  "No. It's because they were saying horrible lies about my mom."

  He sat down. "Like what?" I showed him some of the tweets and a shocked expression came onto his face. "Does your mom know anything about this?"

  "Not a clue."

  "Let's keep it that way. I'm glad you told me this though. Always stand up for yourself, but don't fight too much."

  "I'm not a fighter by nature, but, if I believe in something, I stand up for it. And I believe in my mom."

  "Always humble. I wish the world was more like you."

  "Thanks Usher."

  "You bet kid. And if you need any advice, don't hesitate to call me."

  "I won't." I walked to my room and then I remembered. Caitlin. She didn't know anything about me being in L.A. I promised her I'd be home for the next few months! Why am I so stupid?

  I picked up my phone. "Hello?" Caitlin's sweet voice came through the other line.

  "Hey Caitlin. It's Justin."

  "I know. I have caller I.D. So how's your day been?"

  "Not so great actually."

  "Justin. What did you do?"

  "Nothing! Well...I didn't start it."

  "What?"

  I told her about the paparazzi and how I defended my mom and sister and how my mom called Usher. "Now we're in L.A. I know I promised I'd be home, but I couldn't put Tori in danger."

  She took a deep breath. "I understand how you wanted to keep her safe. When are you going to be back?"

  "A week. A week and a half at the most."

  "I miss you already."

  "I miss you, too. I wish you could come here. I could fly you out here, but you have school and you'd have to convince your parents."