c / 1

yerin sat at her desk, reading the half-finished book while other students roamed the halls or sat at desks and spoke to one another. as soon as the bell rang, every uniformed student isolated the halls and went into their respective homeroom. yerin placed her left hand on page 101 of her book as she closed the cover. her hand sandwiched between. mr. cho, yerin's homeroom teacher, came in.

"good morning class," he says.

"good morning mr. cho," the class responded in unison.

"i would like to introduce a new student," mr. cho says, "please welcome him kindly," the word 'him' that escaped the elder's mouth created gasps and whispers of excitement amongst the girls in the class.

"a male student?"

"i wonder if he's handsome!"

yerin wasn't interested in the bickering and whispers as she continues to read her book. the door opened and soft footsteps were made. girls continued to whisper, but this time in a different excitement.

"omo! he's so handsome!"

"he's so cute!"

"i think i'm gonna die,"

"call 911!"

yerin was now interested in the comments that were made around her. looked up from her book to her classmates. girls were fanning themselves or their mouths were a gap. even the guys were in shock. yerin looked at the front of the classroom.

heol

a boy who wore his own uniform, patted down neatly and the school badge ironed neatly on the left of his blazer. no creases were found on his uniform. dark brown hair that covered his forehead and swept a little to the right. and lastly, a sweet gaze and smile was seen.

"hello, i am park woojin. please take care of me," he says. his low rough voice had sweet tenderness. it was attractive. girls were all over the place. squealing in excitement and joy for the new male student.

"please take a seat in the back," the student, woojin, took his seat in the very back, three seats right of yerin. girls would take glances at the boy and whisper their excitement as he gave them a warm smile. mr. cho had to settle down the class, especially the girls. yerin found herself gazing at the new student until her eyes met his.

shoot.

yerin quickly looked away back up front to mr. cho's lesson.

did he see me?

idiot

yerin was tempted to look back at the handsome latter, but refrained her from doing so.

you're an idiot yerin

• • •

as soon as the first ring of the bell was heard, all the desks were designated and most of yerin's classmates were surrounding the new male latter.

"hello! i am..."

"you're so handsome!"

"where did you transfer from?"

the poor latter, he felt pressured to answer all the questions that were bombarded at him. all he could do was smile and nod. yerin, on the other hand, packed her things back into her backpack and quickly walked out the classroom, past the group, and to the school garden. the sun was first to slap her right in the face.

"the hell..." she sighed using her hand as a shade. she went to sit at the marble bench. she set her backpack down and took out a notebook. taking out her pencil case, she pulled out her signature black pen, pressed down the top, and began writing on the notebook page.

17-07-26
a new student arrived in class today. his name: park woojin. all the girls were all over him. i mean they still are. they squealed and screamed, saying, "he's so handsome!" and "he's so cute!" i mean i couldn't disagree because his visual was quite outstanding. he sits three seats away from me in the back and he takes his notes quietly. listening to mr. cho's every word and writing them down on his notes. but he, woojin. seems like a nice person, he always smiles even when it comes to being bombarded by so many questions. park woojin...welcome to this crusty ass school

- yoo yerin

as soon as yerin finished, she pressed down on the top of her pen again and tore the paper out of the notebook, crumpling it up. she placed her notebook and pen back into her backpack and got up to go to class. throwing away the crumpled ball into the recycle bin on the way.