Chapter Twenty-Nine

I had three options.

1) Run away.

2) Say it back.

or 3) Just stand there.

I chose option number three. I stopped moving and just stood there. Harry said it. He said the three words. Okay, wow breathe.

"Hey, hey it's okay," Harry told me.

"But, you-"

"I know." He laughed, "Inappropriate time then?"

I shook my head, "No, but we've only been dating for two months."

"I know, but I've been wanting to tell you for a while."

"You've known for a while?" We had gone back to 'swaying'.

"I've known since November," he said. "Maybe two weeks after knowing you. You just- I don't know, it's hard not to love you."

"Oh."

"You don't have to say it back, I just want you to know."

I nodded and laid my head back on his shoulder. I really really liked Harry, I just didn't know if I loved him.

We danced for a while after that. I hoped Harry wasn't upset because I didn't say it back.

"Hey, you want to leave?" Harry asked me. I nodded and gripped his hand, prom was almost over anyway.

People looked over at us as we left and I gripped the bottom of my dress, wanting them to stop.

Harry helped me in the car and I buckled my seatbelt while Harry got in. "Are you hungry?"

I nodded, "Oh my God, yes. I'm starving."

Harry smiled and pulled out of the lot, "Where do you want to eat?"

"I don't really care, I'm just hungry."

"We can go to that coffee shop." I nodded and settled myself in.

"Did you have fun?" He asked, glancing at me. I nodded, grabbing his hand off his knee. "Yeah, lots of surprises though."

He nodded, "Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I'm glad you told me."

We rode in silence until we got to the restaurant. I picked a booth in the back and Harry went to order. He came back with a bunch of pastries and two drinks.

"Hazelnut for me and French vanilla for you." I smiled and took it from him.

"I think we look a bit weird, you know, with our formal clothes," I said, taking a sip. Harry shrugged and grabbed a donut, "We did just come from a prom."

"Well, yeah."

"Since I have a specialty in fields, you want to go to one after this?"

"Yeah, sure."

After we had finished eating, we got in the car to go 'field hunting'.

"Hey, that one looks nice."

"It's right beside the road."

"So?"

"What if a cop comes by and thinks we're making a drug deal?"

Harry laughed, "Okay, we'll go somewhere else."

"Do you remember the first one we went to?"

"Yeah, do you want to go to that one?" I nodded and laid back in the seat.