Chapter Thirty

[we're skipping a few months because yeah] [oh yeah, I'm not sure if I mentioned that they were both seniors but they are]

"Are you ready?" Harry asked. I nodded, squeezing his hand.

"Yeah, you?"

"I'm fucking nervous. Ella, we're graduating!" He said. I took a deep breath and made my way to my seat. Harry sat next to me and I looked around.

I would most likely never see these people again. They would all be going different ways, including Harry and I. I wasn't sure if I'd miss them or not.

I sat back as it started, patiently waiting for my name to be called.

"Ariella Everrett."

I squeezed Harry's hand and stood up, grabbing my diploma and standing beside a girl. Harry's name was called a few minutes later and I watched as he accepted the diploma with a smile.

My parents were taking pictures, along with Harry's family. Gemma sat beside them proudly. She grinned at me and waved wildly.

I smiled back and looked down. This was it.

I threw my hat up when it was time and took a deep breath. High school was over.

When I was done forcing a smile to my past classmates, I went to find Harry. He was standing around in the parking lot.

Harry wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tight. "It's over. Finally. How do you feel?"

"I'm not sure." I pulled away. Harry reached up and ran a thumb under my eye, "You're crying."

"Am I? Oh." I wiped away another tear and tried to smile, but it was a bit shaky.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I grew up here and now I'm leaving it behind. The next step is college and then after that we'll be grown ups and I don't know if I'm ready for that. Damn it, Harry."

"What?" His eyes widened.

"I wanted to leave here as soon as the school year started. And then you came in and now I don't want to leave. All the best times happened here."

"Do you remember when we met?" He asked, smiling. "I was so nervous to talk to you so I just talked about the weather. And you being your little sarcastic self, told me that it was winter and it was supposed to be cold. I felt so stupid then."

"And now look at us." I smiled and kissed him.

"We still have a year until we actually start college, and we'll be inseparable the whole time."

It was true, Harry decided we needed a break and since we were old enough, we were going to travel. I was almost throwing up from excitement, or maybe nervousness. Harry's parents and my family had decided to help pay for our little trip.

I nodded and walked with him to our parents. I had gotten rid of the tears and now I was just slightly upset.

"How are you two feeling?" Harry's mother asked.

"Fine, fine," Harry said, looking at me. I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Well, come on then. It's finally sunny and we're planning on cooking out," Harry's step-dad said.

I climbed in the car with my parents and followed Harry's parents home. Almost instantly, I had to wipe my eyes because we were basically driving away from my childhood.

"Ariella, honey, are you okay?" My mother asked from the front seat.

"Yeah," I choked out.

I absolutely despised Harry. This was all his fault. If he hadn't come here, I would be happy leaving. But he had and I was leaving behind memories. There would be no more sneaking out during lunch to hear Harry play guitar. There would be no more hiding stuff from Mrs. Lynn. And there would certainly be no more stealing kisses during lunch.

"Oh, honey. You still have college, and there's even a year before that! Don't be sad because you're leaving, you're starting a new chapter now. And you're starting it with Harry."

I nodded and wiped my eyes. My makeup was probably horrible and I would have to fix it when I got home.

When we got there, I went up to my room and fixed my eyes. They weren't that bad, but they were a bit smudged. I stayed in my dress because I thought it was pretty. And Harry thought it was pretty too.

"Hey," Harry greeted me with a kiss.

"Ariella!" Gemma pulled me away from Harry to hug me. "Hi, how are you?"

"I'm good. I see that you'll still keeping up with my brother," she said.

"Hey! I'm not that bad."

"Okay, sure." Gemma smiled and let go of me. I smiled also and stood beside Harry.

"Hey Harry, come help me grill these," his step-dad waved him over.

"I'll be back in a bit," Harry told me, quickly kissing me before leaving.

"He's so whipped," Gemma told me before walking away.

--

"Did you have fun today?" Harry asked me later that night. We were laying on the roof of my house. Over the past few months, we had mastered the skill of climbing up here without falling.

"Yeah, you?" I played with his fingers.

"Yeah. I'm excited." I looked up at him. "Excited?"

"We're going traveling! Have you packed already? I have."

"I packed a week ago," I told him. I was far too excited to pack last minute.

"Where do you think we'll go first?"

"I don't know." I smiled up at him. "They have music festivals this time of year, maybe we can find one of those and go."

Harry nodded, "Yeah. I've never been to one."

"Me either. But I'm more upset about leaving here than I should be."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I met you here and we'll be leaving for almost a year."

"I made you want to stay?" He asked, smiling.

"Yes, you idiot." I laughed, "This is all your fault. I actually cried today leaving the high school."

"We can always just forget about leaving and stay," he said.

"No, no. I think I'll be okay with leaving." I took a deep breath. I seemed to be doing that a lot today.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Besides, I love you and I know that I'll be fine as long as I'm with you."

Harry grinned and kissed me, playing with the end of my hair.

"As long as I'm with you," he repeated and kissed me again.

 so that's it and I don't know if I did a good job with ending it but I cried a bit because they graduated and boom she said I love you. Thank you guys for reading this story and voting on it and commenting, you guys are the fucking best. I'm so happy that people liked it. I'm not sure when a new story will be out because I think I'll be picking back up with SiL or I may delete it I don't know yet. But expect a new story maybe in a few weeks. Wow guys I think I'm going to cry I'm so proud of how far this story has gone. And it's basically all because of you guys. I LOVE YOU GUYS STAY RAD.