CHAPTER 2

I opened my eyes at the sound of someone clearing their throat, I sighed as I came face to face with my rather flamboyantly dressed secretary, "where in the world is it a good idea to pair neon green with pink?"

He scoffed at my question then looked down at his suit, "I'll have you know that this is a designer suit. And pray tell, what would the big boss say if he saw you sleeping on the job?"

I shrugged my shoulders then sat up, "he's caught me multiple times, I guess he's used to it by now," I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "why are you here Neil?"

My secretary of four years sighed then looked at me, "you missed a meeting, again. Samsung's representative was there, and so was the boss," he gave me a knowing look then continued, "anyway, I covered for you as always."

I nod my head at him with a yawn, "where's this representative now?" he placed a file on my desk.

"The others are giving her a tour," I looked up at him.

"Her? I thought this person was a guy."

He smirked at me, "you and everyone else. I must say she's very beautiful," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I thought you didn't like women," he scoffed at me.

"I know how to appreciate beautiful things. Don't worry Mr Palmer-Eaton, I only have eyes for you."

I made a face as he winked at me then watched as he turned around in a flash and exited, taking his crime of a suit with him.

What have I ever done to deserve this punishment?

Another sigh escaped me as my phone rang out, with a groan I quickly answered, "what now?"

My long-time friend​ Andrew chuckled lowly at my whining, "how is it that we work for the same company but I never see you?"

I sighed then took the files from my desk and got up, "because you're annoying."

"You missed the meeting again, your Dad was a bit pissed," I sighed.

"He'll get over it, besides I'm just a mere part timer here anyway."

He too gave his own sigh, "you know, Mr Palmer won't leave his position because he's waiting for you to take over," I rolled my eyes at that.

"I've already turned down the offer. Like fifteen times, it's not something I want, and he knows that."

He laughed softly, "I know, I know. Your heart lies with NASA. By the way, when are you going to Washington again?" I sighed as I entered the elevator.

"Two weeks or so, why? I'm not taking you with me," he made a whining sound.

"Oh c'mon man, you take the twins all the time."

The ride to the top floor didn't take long, as soon as I exited I headed straight for his office. I flashed a small smile at the young secretary, who blushed heavily at me.

"That's because they're less annoying, look I have to go," I quickly hung up on him as I opened the door.

"How's it going Pops?" his stormy eyes gave me a once over but he refrained from saying anything.

I bristled as I noticed the person sitting before him, I raised my eyebrows at him, then turned my eyes to the strange woman seated there. I too decided to ignore her as she hasn't even turned around to look at me.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting, I can always come back," he shook his head at me.

"No need, you two will be working together, might as well get the introductions out of the way," he flashed a warm smile to the woman in front of him.