Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths

Start from the beginning

"Zorua! Come on and finish training!" I yelled with frustration searing across my lips and into my tone. The dark type paused for a brief moment, lifting his pointed nose only to give me a menacing grin. A dismissal that could be mistaken for a cackle bid me goodbye as Zorua pounced into the bush, blending in with the forest shadows like somber colors swiped across a paint pallet in one brisk stroke.

You see, Zorua was the most difficult Pokemon I ever had to deal with. He was like a heightened and very much perilous concoction of Liepard's deviousness, Plusle's energy and Minum's jokester persona. I'd caught him in the Unova region and with all honesty, I often wondered why he stayed. I wouldn't have been able to catch him if he hadn't wanted to come with me.

We had a bittersweet relationship. Like black shots of expresso, distasteful at first but leaves you electrified and contented. We fluctuated like a mountain range, featuring many lows but also spectacular highs. I think that's why he kept coming back, were for those highs. The most memorable one was when we won the Kalos league, even though twenty minutes before the final, I had lost Zorua, for he had run away to play pretend as a lost child at the stadium entrance.

"He won't be back until sundown now." I sighed, looking back at where the dark type had disappeared. He would do this sometimes, run away during the first breaths of morning and only return to our apartment as the sun set. I didn't know what he did when he was gone. But he would always comes back to settle on my lap and curl up real tight before drifting into a simultaneous slumber.

Sure, they were all extremely varied in personality traits, however, each one of them shared two things in common: a passion for the battle field and a deep hearted loyalty.

After a few more minuets of jogging and constant streams of motivation for Rampardos, we'd made our vast circle back to where the forest meets Lumiose City park. The early risers had already spilled through the park to complete morning walks and play times. Returning all my team but Espeon back to their Pokeballs, the rough gargle in my stomach informed me that I was hungry and craving something sweet.

"Alright Espeon, let's go meet Serena at Slurpuff's Corner."

"Florges, can you pass the frosting please!" I asked in a cheery voice that reflected the vibrant colors littering my modern style kitchen like a splattering of paint keenly dished alongside a sugary aroma

"Florges, can you pass the frosting please!" I asked in a cheery voice that reflected the vibrant colors littering my modern style kitchen like a splattering of paint keenly dished alongside a sugary aroma. The flamboyant fairy type gladly handed me a piping bag of berry infused frosting.

With acute sweeps, I curled long snakes of pink icing around each Pokepuff. Peppered layers of confectioner sugar spanned across the marble counter as evidence of the morning's baking extravaganza. I had awoken early that day when Elaina left the apartment for her training jog. She and her team weren't exactly most the reticent bunch.

After gathering a handful of chromatic berries from the fridge, I turned back to my work only to find it was on the verge of sabotage by the rapacious hands of a black and white Pokemon.