" Ya, we should probably go." she said.

They both got up and started to walk to class. But they walked in silence.

DUNCAN 8:27 SEPTEMBER 29, 2013

Duncan was getting used to being late. His mom worked late so she was always slow in the morning.

He walked around the corner to the lockers but he stopped dead in his tracks. There was Zoey and Rythian sitting on the floor, leaning in close to each other. It looked as if they were going to kiss. This made Duncan so mad. He wanted to walk right over there and punch Rythian in the face. But he stopped himself from doing it. He just watched. He stood still. They actually didn't kiss. They stopped. Rythian said something. Then Zoey said something. They both got up and walked to class.

Duncan was thinking. He was going to confront Rythian. Rythian was making a move on his girl. The girl Duncan has known for so much longer. The girl he has liked for so much longer. The girl has cared about for so much longer. But, maybe this was a sign. A sign Duncan needed to make his move on Zoey. He defiantly needed to before Rythian could. And he knew just how. But he was still very angry.

RYTHIAN 8:28 SEPTEMBER 29, 2013

What was he thinking? Was he really just about to kiss Zoey? Was Zoey just about to kiss him? Maybe Tee was right after all. Maybe he liked Zoey more than he realized. Maybe, just maybe, Zoey liked him. Stop talking nonsense. Zoey would never like you like that. She's got Duncan. We're just friends. Just friends. He had to keep telling himself that.

ZOEY 8:28 SEPTEMBR 29, 2013

What were you doing? Zoey asked herself. Was she just going to, kiss Rythian? It looked like Rythian was leaning in to, maybe. Did she like him, like that? No. We're just friends. Nothing more nothing less. Just friends. She repeated that in her mind.

She realized she was still walking with Rythian to science. She looked over at him. He was deep in thought. She decided not to bother him. They sat down. Duncan walked in soon after. He sat down on the other side of her. He looked really mad. Not like his usual cool self.

" Hey Duncan!" she said trying to cheer him up.

" Hi." he said flatly.

" Is everything okay?" she asked.

" Yes. Everything's fine." he said coldly.

" Okay then, are you excited for the dance? It's next week!" she said excitedly.

DUNCAN 8:32 SEPTEMBER 29, 2013

Oh god. The dance. Duncan had totally forgotten about it.

" Ya, if your not going to go with your new boyfriend..." he gestured to Rythian.

Rythian obviously heard this because Duncan saw him blushing over the top of his mask.

" What!?" she said with embarrassment on her face, " we're just friends."

" Ya ok, more less..." he mumbled.

" What is with you?" she asked with anger in her voice.

" What do you mean?" he countered.

" I mean your being really... really... really rude." she snapped.

" Well, so are you," he said " never hanging out with me."

A look of sadness mixed with guiltyness came across Zoey's face. Duncan felt terrible. He made Zoey feel bad for him being a jerk.

" I guess your right..." she said, " I'm sorry."

" You shouldn't be the one that's sorry. I should be. I'm the one being the jerk. I'm sorry Zoey." he apologized.