Madison Halls - everything I hate

The day went quickly, before I realised, I was walking up to science with Ryan Evans, a tray of perfect chocolate chip cookies resting in my arms and the lasange and chicken salad for the starter in Ryan's arms. We got to the science class and Mrs Jeffries announced that we were all to quietly walk down to the canteen for me and Ryan's meal/science project. First we shared out the chicken salad, it was pretty average, but everyone seemed to enjoy it. Then we brought out the lasange. Everyone seemed to really enjoy that. Comments such as "This is amazing" or "Delish!" were being said, and I felt proud of myself, I did come up with the idea. After everyone had finished the dessert, me and Ryan sat back in satisfaction and then he lifted his hand up for a high five, which I gladly gave.

The bell then rang on cue as we collected our stuff and walked out.

*******************************

"This isn't the way back to your house," I said as Ryan passed the road we were meant to go down. "Has it slipped your mind, that we're going to Oscar's house right now. My mum knows that we're both going by the way," he replied. My heart sunk as I remembered what I had agreed to. Then I remembered the other option and shuddered. We pulled up into a large driveway and knocked on a huge front door. Were all the popular kids rich like this? Ryan's friend Dan answered and Madison was right behind him with a way too friendly smile on her face. Ryan walked in and I followed, he put his arm round Madison's waist and a pang of jealousy hit me. I pushed it away refusing to care and we ended up into a huge living room. "My parents are out till midnight," Oscar said smirking. "Any drinks?" he asked. There were a few requests and I asked for a coke. "So what should we do first?" Ryan asked. "How about truth ot dare?" Dan suggested. Madison and Ryan nodded and Oscar walked in with our drinks and an empty coke bottle in his hands "I heard we were playing truth or dare," he said. We sat in a circle. I ended up beside Oscar and Ryan and Madison was opposite me with a fake smile still plastered on her face. "I'll start off," Ryan said spinning the bottle. Obviously it landed on me. "Truth," I said boredly. I knew it made me sound wimpy but I didn't care. "Who was you're first kiss?" Ryan asked. I raised my eyebrow, that was way too innocent of a question for Ryan. "Um..." I said trying to think back "I haven't had my first kiss," I said. Everyone's eyes widened and their eyebrows rose so high that it was comical. "You're way too innocent," Ryan whispered amusedly in my ear. It sent tingles down my spine. It landed on Dan. The dares went on innocently like sing a nursery rhyme in a weird voice and do a weird dance and one's like that and they began to get less innocent until it landed on Madison for the third time and she was given dare to kiss the first teenage guy that walks past this house. I swear that they have played this too many times before and/or madison was such a slut, because she did it without hesitation. It landed on me again. I chose truth but I was told that I was only allowed to choose truth once before I had to do a dare and then after that I could go to truth. I got extemely worried after Madisons dare. What were they gonna make me do? I was told I had to walk down the road and flirt with the first guy I saw. They were evil. I didn't know what to do. I refused to do any, then I was being dragged somewhere by Dan and Ryan. " Where am I going?" I asked.

"To the cellar," he replied

"Cellar?" I asked starting to breathe heavily. I hate cellars and the dark!

"That's what I said," he replied. Suddenly they stopped and put me down and starting laughing heavily. "We're just joking!" they said. "Aha, the look of horror on you're face," they said in hysterics. "We wouldn't make innocent little Kerri do something like that."

"So I don't have to do the dare?" I said confirming. They shook their heads. I sighed, relieved and frowned. That was really weird. But I was glad that they understood that I did not just flirt with guys. We went back to the lounge. "Can this game be finished now?" I asked.

"Well then, what should we do instead - it was fun?" Madison said.

"Let's watch a movie," Ryan suggested. He walked over to the shelf were all the dvds were kept and I followed. I flicked through them until I found... "21 jump street!" I yelled. "Boy, I love this movie."

Everyone laughed and Oscar put it in the dvd player. I sat next to Madison and Ryan came and sat between us. She cuddled up to him as if it was a scary movie. She was clingy and everything I hate. Ryan put his arm around me and I pulled it off and dropped it back in his lap. I enjoyed the rest of the time just sitting watching the movie stuffing the popcorn into my mouth as ryan laughed. "Greedyguts," he smirked. I chucked some popcorn at him which Madison picked off him amd put in his mouth. I rolled my eyes.

*******************************

It was 21.00 when me and Ryan left. We hadn't actually had dinner and I was hungry. My stomach rumbled as we got into the car. "Why is she in your car?" Madison asked.

Ryan actually sighed, his sigh was so adorable "Becuase she lives with me Madison," he answered as he drive away. I heard Madison call 'why?' but we had already sped away. My stomach rumbled again. "Hungry?" Ryan asked, I nodded. "After all that popcorn?" he said, smirking. "Well we might as well stop off at McDonald's I guess," he said. I smiled and nodded. Ryan's eyes were fixed in the road and it was pretty dark so I took this time to stare at him. He was so good, with thick, dirty-blonde hair and high cheekbones. He had sparkly blue eyes that seemed to hold a lot, but I couldn't tell what of. He turned towards me and I quickly looked the other way, my cheeks becoming slightly pink wondering whether he had noticed. We pulled up in to the car park for McDonald's and got out. As we walked in he asked me what I wanted. I said the Chicken legend and vanilla milkshake, he nodded. I sat down at a table for two and thought how weird it was that I was here alone with Ryan Evans - a guy I never imagined even speaking to let alone, well living with him, coming alone with him to McDonald's. I laughed out loud at the ridiculous idea that this was kind of like a date when I heard Ryan snort. My cheeks turned pink as I realised that Ryan had heard me randomly laugh out loud. "So what's the joke?" he asked, as he sat down in front of me. "Nothing," said quickly opening the cardboard container taking out my burger and beginning to eat it. I studied Ryan's features again, I could never get bored staring at his face... okay Kerri - that's getting slightly creepy. What is he doing to me?

We finshed our burgers and walked out sipping our milkshakes. He had chocolate. Suddenly he said "You know, you're the first...um...slim, like not anorexic or supermodel thin, girl I've met that will actually eat a proper meal that's not salad or rabbit food," he said.

"I love junk food and do not like salad or veg. I hate diets. I could never stick to one anyway," I laughed and realised that Ryan had just complimented me! It made me feel happy until I realised that he is the sort of guy to turn the charm on just to get a girl, then use her then leave her. The smile slid away from my face as I thought this. "Do you wanna sit with us at lunch tomorrow, not that I said, but the others seemed to, you know, think you're alright, " Ryan asked.

"I can't leave Kelsi on her own," I replied, truthfully, but I didn't particularly want to sit with those guys. "She can sit with us too," he answered and I shrugged. "Cool sorted then," he said. We got into the car and I mentally kicked myself for giving in so easily. Now, he'll think that I'm like all the other girls that can so easily give into the charm and fall for him. I need to keep the walls built up when I'm around him.