"I never knew that you could sing"

So I thought I'd do an authors note, I haven't done any yet. I hope you are enjoying the story so far! It's still just beginning though. Carry on reading, there is lots more to come.

The bell went to signal the end of the day and I walked out to Ryan's car where he was standing there waiting. "Um, I forgot to tell you, but on Thursdays, I have Pop band practice until 4.15, so yeah," I told him beginning to walk to the professional theatre we had at our school. I realised that he was following me and I turned around and gave him a questioning look. "I'm your ride home remember, I can't leave you," he said, answering my u asked question. He smiled, a genuine smile? I kind of shyly smiled back, turning around and walking to the theatre. "Wait out here, I don't want you to hear me sing," I said.

"I hear you sing in the shower all the time, so too late now," he told me walking in. I went and explained to my band teacher (yeah I know, but she got the band together and lets us use the theatre) why Ryan was here. She nodded and we went and started practice. I played the drums and sang. I normally was the lead singer, but today, Alex was away so I filled her space and tried to sing at the same time. Then Miss Bradley, she was actually a really cool teacher and was only like 25 or something, reminded me that about the solo I had been working on. "So why am I doing a solo anyway?" I asked.

"Because," she started "You're going to be performing in front of the whole of Year 10."

"What!!?" I exclaimed "You know I can't sing infront of audiences and especially not on my own."

"This will be a big step for you," she said "And you're doing it. Sing now."

I began to sing thesong that I had been working on. The music was hard, but my band were amazing musicians.

"It's the boy you never told 'I like you'

It's the girl you let get away

It's the one you saw that day on the train

but you freaked out and walked away"

"It's the plane you wanna catch to vegas

Things You swear you'll do before you die

It's the city of love that waits for you but you're too Damn scared to fly"

"Hit the lights!..."

I finished the song and Miss Bradley clapped, then I noticed Ryan looking down at me in disbelief from one of the theatre seats. I smiled and Miss Bradley told us that it was 4.15 and we could leave.

*******************************

We were almost back at the Evans house when Ryan suddenly spoke up "I...er... never knew you could sing like that," he said.

"Well, you didn't even know my name less than two weeks ago, so that was a start," I replied. He chuckled as we pulled up into the driveway.