"Yeah. Yeah, of course, and I wanted to say sorry for what I said to you at Polly's baby shower. It wasn't your fault, it was mine and I want you to know that. So, friends?" Archie put his hand out as an offer for Athena to shake it, she laughed at his extended hand but nonetheless, shook it. Athena and Archie parted ways as Athena went to find her mother to find out what the shady woman was up to.

+ + +

"When Jason died, I thought I'd tapped my last tree. Now, don't be nervous. All you have to do is hold the bucket steady, I'll handle the rest." The Blossom's tree tapping ceremony was upon them and Athena was nervous, to say the least. "Who are all these people?" Archie walked alongside Cheryl and Athena, nervous as he passed the extended Blossom family. "Entre nous, they're Daddy's board of trustees," Cheryl answered with a smile on her face.

"They smell blood in the water. That's why they're here. They're worried Dad's losing his grip on the company and they're looking for a way to take it away from us. They're the human versions of piranhas. Quite smart." Athena elaborated on Cheryl answer, copying her twins smile. "They can do that?" Archie questioned causing Athena to nod. "If they all vote together, they can. When Jason died, it was a PR debacle. And now, here's Polly, pregnant and unwed. It's no wonder they've descended upon us like some biblical plague."

"Nearly 100 years ago, Grandfather Blossom came to this sacred maple grove. The annual tapping ceremony portends each season's bounty. Now, I've performed this ceremony many times in my life. My son Jason, when he came of age, performed it as well. In his place, I put forth my daughter Cheryl." The two walked forward and performed the ceremony and after cheers were sounded by multiple people, shaking their own buckets with joy.

"Archibald! Come join us before the snow starts again." The whole Blossom family gathered for a photograph to mark the great occasion. Athena just wanted to get out of the freezing cold. Archie ran and stood next to Polly whom she had been keeping an eye out for since she arrived at the devil's house "Three, two, one." Athena smiled with a fake expression and waited for the camera to flash, signaling it was over and as soon as it did, everyone went their own way with Athena ending up with Polly and Archie.

"Polly. Betty's worried about you. Why won't you call or e-mail her? She fought for you, Polly, and now you're treating her like she's the enemy." Archie asked one of the only blondes in the group but before she could answer, Athena's mother interrupted. "Polly, come along." Her mother smiled before continuing, leaving the trio. "Tell Betty that she shouldn't worry, okay? Athena is taking great care of me." Athena smiled at the girl as she walked away from her and Arch.

"Athena, I don't get it. Why won't she talk to Betty?" Archie shook his head, walking next to Athena at the same pace. "Archie, I don't like or know why she's in the house, but since she chose to come here, I'm going to try to keep her as safe and calm as possible." The two caught up with the rest and they walked next to Cheryl as the snow poured down. "Cliff can't control his own family, let alone the company." Distant relatives walked in front of them, bitching about Athena's family.

"Agreed. And if he tries to put Cheryl forward as a successor. Do you remember what she did at the funeral? Crocodile Tears. Oh, god and Athena, that girl was always the rebellious type. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up like that pregnant blonde or even Jason." The pair laughed as Athena was about to prove their point, Archie beat her to it. "Hey."

"Archie, you don't have to--" Cheryl whispered out as the boy tried to protect their names. "No, Cheryl loved Jason. What was she meant to do at his funeral, not cry? And yeah, Jason was on the football team, but Cheryl was at every single game, too, doing as much to help the Bulldogs win as he did." Archie defended her. "Also 4.0," Cheryl added. "Also, she has a 4.0-grade point average. If there's one thing that I've learned to be in Cheryl's class, it's don't underestimate her and don't bet against her. And Athena is a loyal, smart and amazing girl. She is respectful to everyone and I don't know anyone better. It's time you realized that."

"Thanks, Arch. Also, if you don't want me to mention this to my father then you better keep your mouths shut. Believe me, I will know." The three walked away from the stunned relatives as they tried to process Athena's threat. "Archibald, do you know when Cheryl told me that she wanted you to come with us, I was a little taken aback. Your father and I haven't been seeing eye-to-eye lately." As they neared the house, Athena and Archie had caught up with her father which was a blessing and a curse. "I came for Cheryl, Mr. Blossom. And because I'm grateful for what Mrs. Blossom is doing for me."

"The music academy, you mean? Yeah, that would be quite a feather in your cap, now, wouldn't it? You know, we can be extremely generous, Archibald, to the right people. Now later this week, we're hosting a banquet for the board at the Belmont Lodge. It's a simple thing, a little dinner, chit-chat, dancing. We would love you to attend as Cheryl's escort." Athena let out a soft chuckle as Archie looked at her with wide eyes. "You two make quite the pair," Athena commented with a smirk

"Oh, I'm honored, Mr. Blossom, really, but--" Archie tried to protest but Cheryl wasn't having it. "But nothing. You must come, I'm wearing viridian. He'll need a proper suit, don't you think, Daddy?" Cheryl joined in causing Athena to chuckle. "I'll have my tailor fit you. If that's not a problem?" There was a short but awkward silence as the blossoms stared at Archie, waiting for his answer.

"No. No, no, it's just I'm an Andrews, Mr. Blossom, like you said. My dad works construction, a fancy banquet's not really our thing." Archie tried to wiggle his way out, but he was stuck. "That's precisely why you should come. People like you are the bedrock of our town. You're hard workers."

"Plus, I need a dance partner. We won't take no for an answer, Archiekins." Athena cringed as Cheryl used Veronica's nickname for Archie herself. She couldn't think of anything worse than for Archie to be stuck in the middle of the takeover and deceit that was their lives.

Thank you to all the people reading, voting and commenting. It's really nice reading those comments, brings a tear to me eye. No, but I actually do appreciate it so Thank you.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)