"If you don't mind, I could always drive us there" I told her

"If you're up to it, why not" She said walking over to the passengers side and getting in. Miller jumped into the backseat and I got in the drivers seat. 

I shifted the gear to drive and put my feet on the gas pedal. 

After arriving at the house I parked the car in the driveway. We all got out and went inside. 

Kimberly must have been upstairs. 

 I closed the door behind us and locked it. Michelle went and jumped on the couch. "I've been driving everywhere since the plague broke out looking for survivors, but I never bothered to check here in California. But I'm glad I did now!" She told us

"Do you plan on staying now that you found us?" Miller said leaning on the wall

"Yeah, I guess so" She said happily. 

"Well we're glad. So, why don't you tell us about yourself?" I said to her

"Well uh.. I'm 18 and my home state is Arizona. My parents actually died before the plague actually struck so I didn't have to watch them die or anything.. and I have a sister but she moved to another state long before the plague struck so I don't really know if she's alive or not. I hope she is, at least. But there isn't much to know about me, I guess. I went to school to become a medic though so maybe I could be of some use." Michelle told us.

I nodded and just sat down next to her. 

"I'm heading upstairs, I'll see you guys later." Miller said before walking up the staircase

"okay!" Michelle said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, there are 3 of us here. Its Miller, Me, and another girl named Kimberly. I'm assuming she is upstairs since she isn't down here." I told Michelle as our eyes met each other once more.

"Really?! Thats great! I'm sure it'll be nice for me to have another girl around" She said laughing.

"Yeah. I'm glad you found us. We need as many people around as possible, you know?" I said to her.

"Yeah, I get it. I've been lonely this past year. It will feel nice to be with actual humans for a change." She said, still smiling at me. 

"Here, come with me. Let me show you around the house." I said getting off the couch and her following me.

"Okay, lets go" She responded to me.

"Obviously, this is the kitchen where we cook stuff." I said before walking to the backyard. "This is the backyard, where we keep all of the animals. We have a cow and chickens. Cow for milk chickens for eggs." I pointed to them before walking to the door that lead to the basement. "Down there is the basement. We basically made it a giant freezer, we keep things like meat down there to preserve its freshness."

"You guys are stacked! You have a lot of stuff" She said to me

"Yeah, we know how to survive." I told her before we walked up the staircase.

"The bathroom is up here, and all the rooms. This is my room, that's Millers room, that's Kimberly's room, and that will be your room, if you want it." I told her as we walked past Millers room, which he had the door closed. When we walked past Kimberly's room we saw her on the bed sleeping. 

"I can't wait to meet her.. it will probably have to be tomorrow though, right? Since its late and all already." She said as we walked into her room.

"Yeah, tomorrow." I told her. "Here is your room." I said to her.

"Thanks for letting me stay here." She said as she went and jumped onto the bed. "Man, I haven't felt comfort like this in what feels like forever." She told me as she looked up at the ceiling and laughed.

"Yeah, of course." I told her.

She sat up and looked at me. "Hey, come here." She said patting the bed

I walked over to her and sat down next to her. "Lets get to know each other better, since you know.. we will most likely be together for the rest of our lives." She said smiling, staring at me.

"Alright. I'm 19, and I would have been a freshman in college this year had it not been for the infection. I was taking a gap year before I went to college." 

Decan's Journal: An eventful day. It had started off as a trip to the store before we found another survivor. Or she found us. We took her back to our house, she said she'd stay with us. We need more people around the house anyway. We stayed up that whole night talking and getting to know each other better. This world isn't as bad as it seems.