Chapter Eight

Another Survivor. How? They keep coming out of no where. No complaints, we need more survivors. But where are they coming from?

They stepped out of the car. Their foot hit the floor. A dark skinned person had stepped out of the car. We have gotten surprise after surprise.

It was a woman. She looked down at us on the floor with her blue eyes. It was rare when an African American had blue eyes, I should know, being one. Her eyes were lit up by the suns glares. Her curly, kinky hair bounced as she moved. It was black, with the bottom parts of it dyed brown. Her pink lips slowly were separated as she began to talk.

"More people?!" She said in a lovely voice.

Miller and I couldn't do anything but sit there and breath.

She walked over to us, she was wearing an olive green tank top with black pants, rips in them. I couldn't tell if the infected had done that or if it was for fashion. 

I stood up and dusted myself down then helped Miller up.

"We are.. just as shocked as you are" I said to her as our eyes stared deep into each others soul. My hazel eyes combating with her smooth, light blue eyes with a mixture of a dark blue in there. 

"So.. maybe we should go back to the house?" Miller said as we both stared at her. 

"A house?! You guys have a house?! And its safe there?!" She said as a smile grew on her face.

"Yes, we do. Are you from around here?" I asked her, still not knowing her name.

"No, I just drove here from Arizona. I don't know my way around town" She said.

I advanced towards her and stuck my hand out. "I'm Decan, Decan King. Its a pleasure to meet you..?" I said to her 

She shook my hand and giggled "I'm Michelle Jackson" 

"Nice to meet you" Miller said from behind me

"So, maybe you'd be willing to come to our house so we can get to know each other there?" I said to Michelle.

"Uhh.. Yeah, of course! But I don't really know where it is.." Michelle told me.