Chapter 4

Your P.O.V.
You were slightly disappointed when Grayson didn't show up to class. You were debating throughout the day on whether or not to tell him since you didn't tell the ones you were closed to about last night's experience. And you sure didn't want to tell your mother for she'd think you were too lost in fantasies and such. The school day was super slow, which was normal for you since each time you look forward to something, the event comes slower. But when you arrived home, of course your mother wasn't there but you figured she be back tonight from the bakery.

Third Person P.O.V.
"Alfred. Did you locate the truck?" Nightwing placed his finger to his ear while waiting on top of another seven story building, looking down at at least fifteen criminals that laid unconscious on the dirt ground. "I have. East Main Street. I believe they'll head to the bank shortly after." Nightwing licked his bottom lip, thinking of the street that was only about ten blocks away from where you lived. "Alfred, will you give me the word when the trucks start to move?" There was silence at first as Nightwing stared up into the dark sky filled with grey clouds, then back down at the empty highway. "Yes, sir. I will, but may I ask? Are you planning on visiting the girl Bruce mentioned to me about yesterday?" Nightwing smirked, he couldn't help himself when licking his bottom lip that pressed against (Y/n)'s. "That shouldn't matter right? I'm her hero." "Sounds to me she likes Nightwing only. And not the boy on being Nightwing." Grayson's lips parted, he then stood up with his beating heart starting to slow. "Mr. Grayson. I advise you to listen to Master Wayne's advice."

Your P.O.V.
You took in a deep breath when sitting on the ledge of your apartment rooftop, you flattened down your skirt and pulled up your both of your knee high socks while swinging your legs. You were blushing, smiling, and your heart was racing just at the thought of Nightwing. "I can't stay." Your lips parted when you turned your head to see Nightwing standing behind you. You seen that he was looking down with a stern expression, but that didn't stop you from standing up and going over to him when he turned his back to you. "Wait Night-." "I don't have time for fangirls like you. I have work to do." Your lips pasted as you lowered your hand for you had it stretched out, you felt your heart sink and your stomach knot up as well from his words and from the glare he was giving you before looking down. Your eyes watered when he jumped from the roof, you didn't bother running to the edge to watch him take off. Instead, you stared at the ground when flagging down your skirt. "I was just going to say be careful.." You sniffled after mumbling in a shaking breath when walking to the door, jiggling the handle for it was locked from the inside. "Great." After a few more attempts of trying to get the door open, you decided to climb down from the roof and onto the ladder that led down to the alleyway on the left side. You gave a light swallow when trying to stretch your foot onto the step while your fingertips clung to the ledge. "Ah!" You fell backwards for your missed the step, you closed your eyes and braced for impact. Your gasped, you were caught by a pair of hands that clinched your shoulders and your knee caps. "Nightwi-." "My, my. Such a long fall that was, hm?" You gave a deep swallow as your heart started to pound from hearing a sketchy voice. When you turned your head back the first thing you saw was a pair of purple gloves, then you glanced up only to help when seeing a clown face. It was a man with messy, green hair wearing dark red pain on his lips that formed a smile across his pale, white war paint face, with black and smeared up eyeshadow or paint around his eyes. "Ooh and...I'm not Nightwing. But you've given me a plan. Hahaha!" You screamed but it was soon silenced after the laughing clown dressed in purple head a handkerchief on your mouth and nose that had a toxic smell to it.

Third Person P.O.V.
Nightwing sat on a brass dome that was an added roof top of one of Gotham's banks with a faint sigh when leaning against a spear that stuck out of the dome. Grayson then gave a light swallow, flatting down his hair as he watched the cars pass by the building he was instructed to be at by Batman in order to keep an eye out for either Two Face or the Penguin's smuggler vans. "Some hero I feel li-." Nightwing' eyes slightly widened when he accidentally knocked his staff with his knuckle, making it roll off and down the building with a clink. "Gah." Nightwing grabbed it with one hand as the other held onto the foot of a copper brown gargoyle. "I love you." Grayson's brows slightly furrows after hearing a women's voice, but when he looked over to the right side of him while still holding himself up. He seen a well dressed, classy women with short hair and pearls around her neck while walking with a classy gentleman. Nightwing raised himself up and onto the ledge just in time for the two to walk past him without them noticing, but he continued to watch the two walk away clinging onto one another. Grayson's heart only stopped when the man picked up a rose from one of the banks flower pots, handing it to the women only for her to kiss him deeply. After grabbing a rose, Nightwing then grappled himself back towards (Y/n)'s apartment. A light breath escaped from his lips when he landed on the roof, pasting while thinking of what to do to apologize to her, but things changed after hearing police sirens approach quickly to where he was. "Ma'am ca-." "Don't tell me to calm down! My daughter is missing!" Grayson's eyes narrowed when leaning against the wall after dropping down in the alley, peeking behind it only to see a women that resembled (Y/n) in a way and who was yelling at two officers that arrived. Nightwing started to breath heavily, not only from the rush over, but when looking down at a dirty, red stained cloth. Nightwing dropped the rose and the napkin that had the word 'Hahaha!' written on it in red lipstick before running off.

Your P.O.V.
"And then I said to myself. Kidnapping females isn't really my style. Ya see, I'm more of the. Explosive type of guy." You gave a grunt after regaining your hearing only to hear the Joker's rusty sounding voice mumble around you. But when you opened up your eyes slowly, you yelped with your heart racing when feeling and seeing your your hands duck taped to a wooden chair. The Joker was pasting around you, but only from one side to the other, not in a complete circle for behind you was the ocean. "But! How I hate that night brat! And that's where you come in." The Joker laughed before it faded into a chuckle when walking walked over to a giant and thick rope that hung from the ceiling, pulling on it as hard as he could. You then started to hear the sound of a bell echo in your hear, the vibrations of the bell shook your chair as well. "Now we wait! But here's the catch on waiting. If..Nightwing shows up late. I'm afraid I'm going to have to start the firework show without him." You panted when see The Joker wave a remote in the air, you looked around and saw the boxes of dynamite in the corners of the abandoned bell tower. "Tick-tock."