Chapter 10

His head snapped up. He saw her smiling, her laughter was amongst the loud chatter in the Great Hall. Granger was laughing about something that Weasley said.

Fucking Weasley.

Draco snapped out of his enraged glare when he felt his name being called.
"Mr. Malfoy," the head mistress said in a firm tone, "I would like to see you and Ms. Granger after breakfast."

"But, professor, we have classes-"

"You're excused from them, it is urgent. You need to be in my office as soon as the time comes, agreed?"

He grumbled incoherently.

"Agreed, Mr. Malfoy?" She asked again.
"Yeah," he said. And burned holes in her back as she made her way back to the head table.

"What's got stuck up her arse this morning?" Draco heard Blaise ask.

"I don't know," he replied.

"Had to be something," Pansy asked, who was sitting in front of him.

As he looked up he couldn't help but let his eyes drift over to Granger. She was whispering something into the Weasley girl's ear.

"What are you looking at?" Pansy asked trying to find out for herself.

"Probably Granger again," Blaise snickered. He gasped in pain when he felt Draco fist collide right into his side.
"Shut. Up," he said in a low and dangerous tone.

"Granger?" Pansy asked in a loud voice, which, Draco thanked whoever was up there, that no one heard.

"Yes, Granger," he replied.

"She's...the one?"

"I wouldn't really say that-"

"Wow," she said, looking completely shocked.

"Wow what?" He snapped.

"Nothing, it's just that," she started chuckling, "Kind of ironic isn't it? You and Granger, mortal enemies. If I didn't know better, I would think you as star crossed lovers," she giggled more. Blaise joined in too. Draco just rolled his eyes.

"More like still mortal enemies. And I wouldn't even call us 'star crossed lovers', it would be more like-"

"Romeo and Juliet?" Pansy suggested.
"Who the fuck is that?" He asked.

"It's an infamous muggle tale, very good. A play written by William Shakespeare," she said.

These were the moments when he thought back to why he used to loved Pansy. She was smart when she wanted to be. She always was afraid of showing her logical side of her.

Yet she convinced herself to thinking being a whore is more worthy than being logical.

"I always had to scare, or trick some first year muggle born into getting me some of his work," she said with a sigh, "I don't really know who to ask now that...you know."

He did. He felt sorry. Believe it or not, Pansy, Blaise and he, himself still believed in blood impurity. Yes, it has caused many problems, but they still firmly believed it.

But that didn't mean they didn't disrespect any of their works. Pansy was more into the literature, Charles Dickens, Edgar Allen Poe, and her favorite, William Shakespeare. Blaise was more into of the art point of view.

For Draco, he didn't know. It was just the way they acted. Whenever his parents, along with himself, would visit Venice, he would sneak off into the muggle part of the ancient city. They walked with smiles, some walking fast, late to some destination, whatever they looked like, they had this care free aura around them.