Chapter 7

Hermione moaned when Malfoy bit into her hand. Then she felt his grip loosen and his mouth removing itself from her wrist. She felt dizzy, in a good way. She shook her head; her main focus should be on Malfoy, no matter how odd that seemed.

"Malfoy?" She asked, her voice wavering a little. "Malfoy, are you okay?"

There was silence. He was unmoving. He wasn't breathing either.

"Malfoy this isn't funny," she huffed. "Seriously Malfoy, cut it out."

He still remained unmoving, not breathing.

"Malfoy, stop it. You're scaring me."
She slapped his cheek. She took his shoulders and shook him. Anything to wake him up.

"Malfoy, if you don't wake up right now, I'll... I'll," she stuttered, trying to think of a threat, "I'll hex you. I'll embarrass you in front of the whole school."

He didn't even flinch.

"Malfoy, please," she pleaded. "This is not funny anymore."

She put her head onto his chest to see if his heart was still beating. Yes, she thought to herself, his heart is beating.

"Malfoy, I'll be right back. I have to go get my wand to bring you to the hospital wing." And with that, she left for her room to find it.

~•~

He didn't know where he was, nor how he got there. Draco just remembered that somehow, the hard marble floor turn very soft.

He opened his eyes just to close them back up. It was too bright.

Someone was calling out to him.
"Mr. Malfoy?"

He opened his eyes again, let them refocus, and turned his head to see who woke him up. He was face to face with Madam Pomfrey.

"Well," she said, standing straight up and moving away from his bed side, "Now that you are awake I shall ask you, what exactly happened that made Ms. Granger levitate you in unconscious?"

"I...I, don't remember really," he answered honestly.

"Well, that's peculiar. Does it have anything to do with your, um...Veela trait?"

Draco shot up from his bed. How did this bitch know about that?

"Oh, yes Mr. Malfoy. I know about your heritage. Your mother, actually, told us, meaning the professors and including myself, that you were in fact, possibly, a Veela," Madam Pomfrey answered his non-verbal question.

"What do you mean by possibly?" He asked, slightly confused.

"Well, as you can see you are obviously a male-"

"Congratulations for stating the obvious-"

"I will not accept back talk Mr. Malfoy," she said giving him a glare. "Anyways, to answer your question, you are in fact a male. And to be a Veela you must be a girl or women. But since your mother could only produce males, which I do not have the time to explain to you now, her Veela trait had to be passed onto you."

He sat there, dumb struck. "So, what you're saying is that, I am the only male veela?"

"Oh, heavens no. There are many other male Veelas. It's just that they are extremely rare. And by the way Ms. Granger looked when she carried you in, she must be your mate?" He grumbled and laid back down with a huff. "I'll take that as a yes, then. Well, you should stay here and rest for another day or so."

"But I feel fine," Draco insisted.

"Stay here for a while longer. I'll let you go around dinner time. Alright?" She said and left before he could answer her back.

Well that was certainly... Interesting.

~•~

"What do you mean I can't see him?!" Someone screamed, which awoke a sleeping Draco.

"Ms. Granger, I need you to calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She shouted and ripped the curtains open. Draco and Granger had instant eye contact. She seemed to have sighed in relief.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, you're awake. I guess, is it okay if Ms. Granger see you?"
Madam Pomfrey asked him. He gave a stiff nod and she closed the curtains behind her as she left.

Now why would Granger want to see him? Surely she would be laughing her head off knowing that he showed weakness in front of her.

A rose color appeared in her cheeks as the awkward silence snuck up in them. She shuffled her feet.

"Was there something you wanted Granger or are you just going to shuffle you feet?" He asked sharply.

"Um... I wanted to see if, you know, you were okay," she responded, looking anywhere but him, but that only infuriated him more.

"I'm fine. Now go off to your little Gryffindor friends, I don't doubt you've already told them-"

"I actually haven't," she interrupted, with disappointment. Well, what did she think? He showed weakness in front of Granger.

She could use this against him, hurt his pride as a Slytherin and a Malfoy. He licked his teeth, and asked why she hadn't said anything.

"Because now we are even," she answered.

Draco was confused. "What do you mean by that?"

She blushed again and answered, "I showed weakness in front of you, and seeing as I haven't been teased, you have not told anyone. So, I will not tell anyone you showed...weakness in front of me."

~•~

Hermione held her breath waiting for, that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard, or, I'm a Malfoy, Malfoys don't show weakness, especially in front of Mudbloods. But it never came.

"Seems fair enough," he grumbled instead to her surprise.

She relaxed her shoulders a bit and asked, "But in all seriousness, are you all right?"

"I told you, I'm fine."

The was a tense silence afterwards. Hermione unknowingly moved her hand to her wrist.

~•~

"Does it hurt?" Draco asked, nodding his head towards Granger wrist.

She looked down, and blushed a bit. "Um, no, it's just," she stuttered, "It just started to...I don't know, tingle, for some reason." She pulled back her sleeve, to reveal a large, and rather deep bite mark.

"I'm sorry." He really was, because he just started the ritual, without her even knowing.

"It's fine, really. I just wanted to check on you, so, I should get going, get ready for tomorrow. Classes are starting."

And with that being said she left, with his longing eyes burning a hole in her back.
___________________________