1

Rain drops lightly hit against the train widow creating streaks of water running on the window. The light shines poorly through it, but this manages to light up the inside of the train. Many buildings pass the train as if it was them that was moving and not the train. The buildings would block the light sending the train into darkness only to pass and let light back into the train. Of course no one paid attention to this, only Lain.

Lain was the only person near a window at the time, for everyone was afraid of the light and it's harmful rays. He sighed as he lays his head on the window feeling the vibration of the trail running against the tracks. Actually Lain was the only one even on the train  for everyone else in the large city of Tokyo was in a car or takes other transportation.

The people thought it was useless to use a train when they can just walk of use they're car to move from place to place. That is why Lain rides the train to be alone from the crowded city. Lain looks down seeing how far up he was from the ground level of the city. Faint lights of the streets can be seen as the light slowly gets swallowed up as it slowly turns to night.

He loosens his tie of his school uniform as he gets up collecting his school bag from the train seat. The train comes to a stop after heading back to a ground level stop and Lain jumps off running his fingers through his hair. As the train went on his way he walked into the busy streets of Tokyo. Men and women holding hands, groups of girls, and laughing packs of boys walked the streets.

Man-made neon lights lit up the streets as Lain made his way down them going further away from it's most crowded places. He finally makes it to a quiet street with a few shops on it, his home. A bell above the door is heard when Lain enters a cafe, his little brother peaks from behind the counter and comes running to him.

"Bub!!",he calls out as he hugs the legs of his brother Lain. Lain laughs out loud,"Hey there Niko, yes bub is here." Niko was only  three years of age, but helped around the cafe as Lain went to school. Lain picked Niko up and carried him though employees only door, his mother smiles at him as she brings her hand out of a soapy sink.

"Your home late, have fun at school?", She asked Lain as Niko slipped out of his arms.
"It's highschool mom, it's not fun at all."
"Well it better then working here all day now isn't it?",she say elbowing him lightly. Lain laughs a bit.

"Well I'm heading to bed, I'm wiped out.",he kisses his mom on the cheek,"Tell dad I said hi when he gets home,ok?"
Looking his son up and down the mother was worried wanting to ask if he wanted anything to eat, but just sighs.
His mom smiles,"Will do, night sweetie!"
Lain had already made his way upstairs to his room and shut the door. He throws his book onto the ground near his desk as he jumped and landed on his bed.

He let's out a tired sigh and stretches,"So tired... Who knew the last year of high school would be this hard..." He then sits up and kicks his shoes off before standing up and changing into comfortable clothes. Lain turns off his light and lays in bed closing eyes, but sleep doesn't take him over. Instead he lays there listening to his heart beat, it calmed him as he just lays there.

~Another boring day gone...~