A Story I am Confused By

Dear you,
        I heard about a story today that confuses me a lot. Maybe this story is old and I am late hearing it, maybe this story is new and I'm the first to hear it. Maybe it'll confuse everyone.

    There was this girl, okay?

    And she was bored. SOOOOO bored. SO bored. She had no idea what to do.

    So she made a diary, okay?

    And this diary was filled with memes and stupid shit and depressing shit and rants and whatever. The girl thought that this book was a masterpiece, when really it was just a stupid disry with a stick figure meme on the cover.

    Well, since the girl was faster at typing, she wrote it online. And it was originally a private diary, only meant for her. But when she realized how amazing her work of art was, she published it on a small corner of the internet known as WHATPAD. Yeah, I've never heard of it either.

    Well, since the girl wasn't COMPLETELY vain, and since this was a VERY small corner of the internet, she didn't expect it to get a lot of attention.

    One day the girl disappeared for a while and all of her WHATPAD followers cried for her for days, sending her thousands of notifications. The girl was at a camp that forbade access to the internet, so the girl and her stalk- followers were very sad.

    When she came back and was blessed with the internet again, she realized that her diary had broken 200 reads.

    Naturally, the girl's first reaction was texting her friend WHAT THE FUCK with absolutley no context.

    But the girl was very happy afterwards that a large group of people had enough time to waste on reading whatever bullshit she felt like typing that day. Yay, happy ending, the end.

    But I just don't get it.

    Why would that many people waste their tim eresding the bullshit she wrote?

    Why?

    WHY?

    Well, whatever the reason, I'm sure the girl is grateful.

    And I'm sure, if this was her book, she'd waste everyone's time explaining how happy she was to have that many people read her bullshit.

    I'm sure she'd say thanks.

    But that girl is not me, so sorry, you don't get one of those.

    I still love you all, though. ❤️

    Which has nothing to do with this strange story.