At my words Y/N rolled her eyes before letting go of my hand to move her plate in front of her. I smiled in amusement at her behavior but Y/N still avoided my eyes as she began to eat her breakfast. It was silent between us but it wasn't awkward at all. Y/N was the first to finish out of the two of us so she sat quietly to herself. I took a piece of my pancake and held it out to her, causing her to raise an eyebrow at me. I smiled and held it up to her mouth but the taller girl pulled away to grab the fork herself. I quickly moved it out of her grasp before putting it in front of her mouth again. Y/N gave me an unimpressed look but in the end she opened her mouth so I could place the fork there. When she bit the pancake and started chewing the right side of her mouth twitched up in a small smile. Soon enough the waiter came back with our check and an even shittier attitude as he scoffed in disgust. "Fucking dykes." He muttered under his breath but Y/N was quick to stand up in front of him. She looked beyond angry and I could tell the waiter was scared shitless. Y/N kept taking steps toward him as he took steps back which essentially caught the attention of everyone in the area.

"You better watch your fucking mouth." Y/N pointed her finger at the waiter. With her hand I could see it beginning to twitch meaning this wouldn't turn out well. I stood from my spot to hold onto the taller girl only to see that her eyes were steadily growing darker as her hand twitched even faster. The waiter was clearly scared but as he looked around to the other customers watching the interaction he gulped before turning back to Y/N. He straightened himself out in his spot to seem more intimidating but to the two of us it didn't work at all.

"You're fucking crazy you psychopath! Go back the to the mental hos-" The waiter was cut off when Y/N went to lunge at him with her fist raised causing him to duck down in fear, his hands over his head as other customers watched, one or two standing up in case something happened. Before she could take another step I jumped in front of her while holding her hand to prevent her from punching him. The taller girl tried to get past me but I grabbed both sides of her face in my hands so that she would look at me. The couple of people that had stood up were now pushing the waiter away from us and I could even hear one cursing him for what he had said. Y/N's almost black eyes met mine but her jaw was clenched to the point where I thought it'd hurt her.

"Y/N calm down, it's okay." I smiled in hopes of helping but the taller girl just switched her gaze back to the retreating waiter. When I heard someone else address us I turned around to be met by the manager of the restaurant. He looked extremely worried and apologetic as he walked up to us. Suddenly Y/N pulled me into her front, her frame protecting mine as her grip on me tightened. I couldn't help but smile to myself and hold Y/N's hand as the manager walked up to us, apologies already falling from his mouth. I didn't pay attention to what he was saying in all honesty, I was too focused on the way Y/N held me against her body as if her life depended on it. I slightly turned in her arms so that my head laid under her chin as her arm lifted to wrap around my shoulders. I closed my eyes as I leaned my forehead against Y/N's jaw just so I could block everything out around me. I don't know how long we were standing there but I was knocked out of my daze when I felt the taller girl nudge me softly. I opened my eyes to see her looking down at me in concern.

"Are you okay? We can go if you want to." She whispered and I couldn't help the shiver that ran down my spine at the raspiness in her voice. I nodded my head as Y/N apologized to the other customers that had to witness the situation. A smile spread across my face at her genuine words. I knew Y/N didn't mean any harm and it was almost amusing to see her so worried about other people that had to witness her episodes. I took the taller girl's hand and led her out of the restaurant where she quietly walked beside me once we got onto the street. When I looked back at her she had her head lowered to the ground, her shoulders slumped. I was about to question her but before I could I stopped myself when I saw that she raised her head so she could look into my eyes. "You don't believe the waiter right? I didn't mean for that to happen because of me. I don't want people to target you since you're around me."