𝐢𝐢. TALE OF THREE SISTERS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  THE DINING HALL WAS SILENT as they all focused primarily on their meals. The food was always good, the cooks had really outdone themselves. Nyx wished she could meet them but it would seem that most of the "servants" quarters had enchantments that prohibited people from entering; enforcing that "us" and "them" narrative that was so prevalent in this household. It was so suffocating, Nyx hated it. She also hated how she barely had the chance to enjoy her meal. Lucius's eyes were watching her closely, each and every bite she took and every sip of water. Somehow, even eating managed to make him suspicious. He was becoming far too paranoid. 

While drinking her water she raised her gaze ever so slightly. She glanced over at Narcissa and then at Draco. They were both staying out of it, pretending as though they didn't notice how silly Lucius was behaving. 

"Is there something you'd like to say, Lucius?" Nyx asked after she set down her glass. 

"No. You seem to be enjoying yourself—" here it comes "—eating the food that I provide for you, barricading yourself in the room which I gave to you, and yet, you can't seem to abide by any of my rules." 

It didn't take much for an argument these days. 

Nyx picked up her napkin and wiped her face. This was the stance he was taking? She had to admit he was right on some level. But then again, Nyx was a child who couldn't exactly provide for herself without the help of a working adult. He was providing basic necessities, necessities Nyx didn't even ask for. Severus was the one who'd dropped her off here—where was he anyway? He never told her why she had to stay with the Malfoys. 

"Lucius," Narcissa started, but she was ultimately ignored. 

"No, I can't seem to understand why Nyx feels as though she can call the shots when she's living under my roof," Lucius exclaimed, angrily. He turned to Nyx. "I've told you multiple times that I don't want you to speak to those people. A mudblood, muggles, those blood traitor Weasleys, and Potter—you know he lost me my house elf!" 

Nyx's gaze darkened at the mention of Dobby. That was going way too far. After everything the Malfoys had put that poor creature through. Dobby was finally free and that was thanks to Harry. 

"Satya: truthfulness," Nyx said. 

"What?" 

"It's part of the first limb of yoga. Satya encourages truthfulness and living a truthful life. So let me let you in on a few truths that I have gathered myself." she cleared her throat. "In all honesty, I find it very interesting how you keep telling me I'm friends with the wrong sort of people and yet have you seen the people you're own son is friends with?"