2.A JOB , A WORD AND HER.

Start from the beginning

She flashed her a grin running towards her." Leilah!"

Leilah smiled back hugging her.

"God, it's been such a long time. When was the last time I set my eyes on you? Four years back? Five years? I'm not even sure." She gave Leilah a peck on her cheeks.

"I honestly thought you wouldn't even recognize me," Leilah grinned taking a hold of Esha's hand.

Esha wouldn't have recognised Leilah because she was a completely different woman, but, that was all that her mother had been talking about for the past few days, Leilah.

The security who were with Esha helped carry her suitcase, ushering them to where the cars were parked.

The ride to the Bukar's residence was nothing sort of boring. Esha was the talkative type and she made sure to fill Leilah up with all sorts of stories.

*****
The Bukar's residence was an immense chateau up south of banana island. Leilah ventured out of the black car, squinting her eyes as the scorching sun branded her vision. The residence was nothing sort of Victorian, yet it stood lofty overshadowing her as though to intimidate her; it was classy, lavishly voluptuous and current.

She could hear the spurt of the water as it descended the fountain by her right, and the birds chirping around. She looked away. Over to her left was a basketball court, and a little over she could see the tennis court. She smiled knowing clearly it was going to be a fun stay.

Leilah felt a feeling she hadn't felt since her return. A feeling a home with so much liveliness. She felt home. This was nothing sort of what she left behind. And she definitely liked this better.

Over by the threshold stood Aunty Maina, Uncle Ibrahim's wife. She looked classic in her atampa gown. Leilah could swore the lady doesn't age, except maybe the few grey hairs that peeked from her turban.

Hajia Maina hugged Leilah like a mother would hug her child. And this feeling right here, it was the best feeling ever. Leilah could feel the motherly love in her Aunt's hug. It has always been that way. Be it when she was a child and came over for a sleepover or when she was in the states and needed a mother figure to talk to. The woman and her husband had always treated her like their child. Whether it was because of her parents or simply because they love and care for her, she couldn't care.

Me coming here is a good decision!

"Welcome Leilah. How was your flight?" Hajia Maina led her inside as the maid helped carry her suitcase to her room. Esha trailed behind them dripping with happiness. She was excited.

"I had a nice flight Ummie. It was hectic but nothing more," She looked over to Hajia Maina. Leilah had called the woman in front of her Ummie since she could remember. She loved Leilah calling her 'ummie' because that was what her children call her.

"Gramma! Maama is..." A little boy around the age of six came running towards her. She couldn't believe her eyes. Amar had grown into a pleasant youngster. The last time she saw him was four years prior, when she came over. In any case, throughout the years she had seen alot of his pictures from her calls and texts with Aunt Maina to remember him.

Amar hid behind his grandmother's leg. He peeked from behind trying to see if anyone was following him. His actions brought a smile to Leilah's face.