02

After the school day finished, I had made a new friend. Lissa and I had a great day laughing while Tiffany the bully walked passed me in a pissed off manner. I put on an evil grin. At the end of the day, we were able to pick our dorm roomates. Me and Lissa paired, feeling it would be fun to hangout together. Soon after the speakers go off in alarm calling us to go back the hall. The principal was standing up on the stage, his face in shock and grief. 

"Soon after you went back to your dorms, we found...... a body" . Everyone started talking. Something was going on. From the moment I smelt that foul stench of evil. I still smelt it and I knew that I would check it out soon after this meeting. I compelled the principal to let me look at the body.

Since I was one of the so called Original vampires, I could compel anybody. Even Vampires, werewolves, shape shifters and so much more. The body had a bite mark I had compelled everyone not to see. There was a vampire in this school. But not any vampire. It had left a mark under the bite mark. It was the Florence. The vampire that killed my father. The vampire that killed my best friend. Evil. It was that foul stench and I knew that they were here, disguised as a student. Another great feature my father added. Diguise. They had mentioned a letter was found with the body, but only readable by staff. I of course had to read it so I did. Everyone thought it was a joke. After I saw it I knew it wasnt. Of course. They had come after me. The note read.

JEKYLL Once you find her, bring her. Or else..
In Physical Health we had learned about breaks of bones, people had bought they were referencing the Wardens girl. Wrong. It was also meant this way as we learnt about her in class. The body was found in the same room too. Shit. I was being hunted. Lucky i'm in a public place. I walk off to my room and find Lissa brushing her hair. We turn off the lights and go too sleep

FIVE HOURS LATER

I wake up to the sound of a loud bang. I turn over to read the alarm clock. 2:17am. Lissa was asleep. I walk outside of the room to see what was happening. A few students were out too, trying to see what was going on. I was going dizzy. I walk over and down the hall and I blacked out.

I wake up in a hospital bed. I was in the nurses office. A man was talking to the nurse beside me. I bent up too see what was happening. 

"Whats going on?" I asked. The man turned around and said 

"I found you, on the floor of the corridor in your pyjamas. You passed out.". 

"What was that banging all about" I asked, trying not to sound foolish. 

"What banging. You were all alone. I found you around 1:20am.". What??? 1:20am. No this wasn't right. I woke up at 2:17am. This is not right. I saw others. Whats going on. Just then I saw he was a student. He had dark brown shoulder length hair, tied up in a bun and dark brown eyes. A senior. He had a scent. Not human. What was he? 

"oh.. Why were you out so late?" I said. 

"Oh.. I was.. grabbing something from my friend". No. He was lying. I could sense it. Vampire. By this time the nurse had left. I didn't want to ask him what he was so I shut up.

By noon I had already walked out. We had permission to leave campus so me and Lissa decided to go shopping at Woodfield Mall. We came back with tons of bags and I compelled Lissa to forget we didn't pay and that I didn't use compulsion. We walked back to the dorms and there were people crowding around the notice board. 'Prom 19th November'. Great. Today is 7th October. A month. Shopping time. 'Bring partner'. Another thing to worry about. Partners. I walk to the cafeteria and I bumped into the same student that took me to the nurse. 

"Hi" I said, eager to start conversation. See? I'm stupid. 

"Hey" he said. 

"What's your name? I didn't thank you before. Thanks for what you did" I say awkwardly. 

"It's ok. I'm Daniel. Daniel Yetzi, and No problem" He said with a smug grin. Yetzi. Knew it. Yetzi was one of the original vampire names. 

"You're a vampire" I say silently. 

"Excuse me? Jekyll" I was shocked. How did he know? 

"How do you know??" I say. 

"Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me. I remember the newspapers from years ago. I keep them" he says. Hoarder.

I did the same. 

"Well we know our secrets. Are we the only ones?? I know there is evil lurking around the school. Keep an eye out". He was calm. I walked towards the canteen and purchased a packet of chips. I walk back up and go to sleep.

*LOUD NOISE* 

I freak. I speed up to the rooftop and hide behind the air conditioning unit. It was a group of werewolves and shape-shifters. A werewolves bite was lethal to a vampire not the originals though. Lucky. I turn around and scream. It was Daniel. Seriously???? 

"Did you hear that? Someone's watching us" Exclaimed a werewolf girl. 

"Who cares, your overdramatic, there's nothing there" said the man next to her. Daniel and I ran down the stairs. 

"What the hell??" I exclaimed. 

"I heard them. I sensed them. The bang." I was worried he came to stalk me. Thank goodness he didn't. 

"They're coming for you Hayley. All of them. Shape-shifters, Werewolves, Florence. They want to get rid of you for what your father did to them. You're only safe here." Of course. Florence was the first to be tested by my father, that's why he killed him. But why me? 

"You have to hide. They're coming. For you. Me. All of us.". What could be worse?