Searching for Chill Vibes

Start from the beginning

I glanced over at Romney, who is smiling wildly. His brown hair shining brightly and his features slightly shadowed because of the fire.

"Is she into crazy stuff?" Evan Allen asked, the host of the party too engrossed into the topic and ignoring the girl seated on his lap.

"Yea, like she would always have like, weird sex with her boyfriend. I would have to ask before hand or I would walk into her doing some crazy stuff," I explained.

"Is she hot?" Evan asked, a happy glint appearing in his eyes.

"Evan!" the girl in his lap screeched and slapped his arm.

"Shut up Shelby!" he snapped at her and lightly shoved her off his lap.

"Dude! She kinda is," Romney budded in but is quick to answer Evan.

"Is she gay too?" Emma asked, her questions becoming kinda annoying.

"I don't know, she said I wasn't her type," I joked and drank more beer.

Emma, Evan, Romney, and myself laughed at my bad pun, "but really, she directly told me that I wasn't her type!" I said again and grinned wildly.

"How is that funny?" a voice from beside me, asked.

"Hey, Avery!" Emma greeted.

And, "it's been awhile," Romney said.

And, "you look hotter," was Evan's response.

Wiping my hand across my mouth, I glanced to my right and saw Avery Iacano seated right next to me. Avery, the only thing my high school had as an excuse for the 'hottest girl' on campus. And to my plight is sadly true. Avery was easily the hottest girl at school, but I didn't care at the time and I don't care now. She is the type pf girl who isn't aware of how good looking she is and is super sensitive to crude remarks toward her appearance. I'm not saying she's innocent but she had her fair share of dating guys around school. But not enough to deem her precious reputation as a classified slut.

Avery Iacano stared right back at me, her bright gray eyes peering at me curiously. She combed her fingers through her light blonde hair. She's Italian, anyone can see it. Italian features, nice dark tan skin, long straight hair. She looks older, but not totally different, still tall, slender body, and long legs. And still wearing her usual attire; shorts, tank top, a cardigan placed over her tank top, and sandals.

"Summer Luka? Right?" she asked and rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"Yea," I replied and nodded my head slowly.

"It's been awhile," she mumbled awkwardly and dropped her eyes down to her hands.

"I guess, so have you been back for awhile?" I asked, hoping to break the suddenly tense atmosphere around us.

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "yea, both of my parents wanted me to visit," she said.

"What college did you go to again?" Evan asked, and I dropped my shoulders in relief.

Avery glanced at him, finally breaking her overly curiously stare, "East Bay," she answered.

I spitted out my beer and glared at the back of her head, "you went there?" I squeaked.

She turned around, "yea, I did. But why are you freaking out?" she asked all innocently.

Placing my cup on the arm rest of the chair, "because I got there, too," I grumbled through gritted teeth.

"Wow, that's weird," Emma announced loudly.

"Shut up! You're drunk," Romney snapped at her and snatched the cup from her hand.

"Whatever," Emma mumbled and slumped into her seat.

Avery dropped her eyes from my and looked else where. I snorted and stood up from my seat and gave everyone a rushed goodbye and left them. More specifically avoided Avery for the rest of the night. I ended up inviting people back to my placed and I can easily say that I won't remember anything tomorrow.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Running both hands down my face and shoving my face further into my pillows. My cell contiuned to ring loudly and repeatedly. I moved my arm around, hopelessly trying to find my cell.

Beep! Beep!

"Shut up!" I shouted as when I finally grasped my cell and brought it up to my face.

Snapping open both eyes, I saw tons of unread texts on the screen of my cell. Many numbers ranging from unknown numbers to contact names that shined brightly back at me. Quickly reading through the texts.

"What the hell?" I gasped.

It turns out that people had a good time last night. Many texts saying my house ranger is more 'killer' than Evan's kick back and a few said it's good to see a familiar face from high school. I got a few gross sexts and a lot of people saying I should hit them up some time. I locked my cell and dropped it on the pillow next to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new story! And I know, I really need to update my other ones, but this story was a one shot and I really liked the idea of it! So I'd probably mioght update this one more often, and I will update my others stories, I just some new writing material to write about.