Searching for Chill Vibes

Start from the beginning

Beep! Beep!

I rub my hand down my face and dig my cell out of my pocket. Two unread messages flash before my eyes. One from my mom and a small smile appeared on my face.

Mom: I'm sorry, but your father was very animate on vacationing. But, I promise we will be back in two weeks. Love you, be safe.

And another from a contact I forgot I even had. But after thinking about their name, I finally processed who they were. Allison Baker. But the text is a forward and I'm pretty sure tons of other people got this same exact text, but I read it anyways.

Allison Baker (she's in your 5th period): Hey! Kick back at Evan Allen's house! Forward to the next person!

Dropping my cell in my stomach and placing my hand on my forehead. I guess going to this kick back would be fine and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After finding a parking space, located at least four blocks away from this guy's house. I stepped onto the sidewalk and I could already see others, groups of people were heading in the same direction as me. I sighed uncomfortably and briefly glancing down at my outfit. White shorts, sandals, a loose fitting black tank top. Why am I freaking out, it's a freaking kick back, everyone is going to look like shit anyways.

Swallowing up my remaining doubts and I followed a group of people. Evan's house came into view and it looked the same. A one story Spanish styled house, but the house itself is huge. That's why kick backs are always at his house. Finally entering the house, I could almost immediately spot every person I went to high school with. Most of the people here have parents with money, same as Evan Allen, but there's other crowds of people like me and crowds of people who didn't live around here, are here. Reggae music fills the room and a loud mutter is loud amongst the whole house.

A red cup is shoved into my hand and a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Summer Luka! Long time since I saw your ass around here!" Romney Burke shouted into my ear.

I smile, "uh...yea, I just got back today," I replied.

"You could've texted me! We've been friends how long?" he asked sarcastically.

Laughing at his answer, "can you let me go? I'd like to say hi to my actual friends."

He chuckled loudly and released me, "chill Summer, I forgot how cheeky you can be," he answered.

"Shut up Romney! Anyways, sorry about earlier, I should have called," I apologized.

Romney narrows his brown eyes down at me, "it's alright! You're here, that's all that matters!" he shouted excitedly.

Feeling myself relax, I brought the cup to my lips and took a long sip and saying, "I hope you didn't spike this shit."

He laughed, "I'm not that desperate! But, I'd never do that, especially to you," he said back.

A few hours later----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm seated by a bonfire and other people are seated around it also. The flames are a rich color of red and the heat of the flames feel great against the skin of my legs. I'm slightly buzzed, but it feels great and I'm having a decent conversation with the people seated around me.

"Wait! So your room mate, is like, goth?" Emma Stevens asked me, some girl who was in my English class during my senior year.

"To be more exact, cyber punk or some shit like that," I answered her and sipped more beer.