It had been weeks since the first day of the academy for Kazumi

It had been weeks since the first day of the academy for Kazumi. She constantly asked her oldest brother, Itachi to teach her how to throw shūriken, but as every time went he would respond by saying  "Maybe next time, Ki-chan." 

She was getting tired of asking and eventually gave up. One day, Sasuke and Kazumi were walking home from training together, the entire compound was dead silent and there was a slight smell.

"Onii-chan, where is everyone? Was there a meeting today?" She looked up at her brother confused, he simply shrugged sharing the same curiosity.

"Maybe..." The young girl moved to take his hand. She was scared. She didn't know why though. When the duo finally reached their house they walked in and slipped their sandals off and looked around.

"Okaa-san! Otou-san! We're home!" The young girl shouted, they walked together to their mother and father's room expecting them both to be there but what they were met with was the dead bodies of their parents.

"S-S--" The girl screamed in horror at the sight. She looked around looking for something-- for someone.

"Who would do this!?" They noticed the red eyes hidden in the darkness.

"Foolish little brother. It was me. I did it to test my strength, and it seems that I've surpassed our caring parents."

"I-Itachi..? Why would you do this! O-Okaa-san! Otou-san!" The girl collapsed to the floor with a thump and held her head in her hands.

"I told you, dear sister, it was to test my power." Their brother sent them into a genjutsu and replayed the scene over and over.

But before the girl slumped she heard him say something.

"I am sorry."

-

-

-

Life was never the same for the siblings. They both became dependant on vengeance and each other.