Chapter 12

I felt light dancing on my face. I opened my eyes to get up and shut the blinds so I could fall back asleep, but the walls around me weren't white like the ones at my dads house, they where green. And the bed I was sleeping in wasn't mine, it was Chris'. How do I know? Because as I turned my head I was face to face with his beautiful and restful completion. I was so close to his face I could see his stubble coming in from his lack of shaving. I panicked as I realized I was in one of his big t shirts. Did he undress me?
I got up quickly, disturbing his sleep.
"What is goin' on?" He mumbled as he got up rubbing his eyes, his expression all groggy. I had to admit he looked sexy but regardless I ignored my attraction and I started picking up my clothes that were in a pile on his floor.
"I'd like to know what's going on as well" I snapped at him.
"Kendall wha-?"
"What happened last night? Why am I here? Did we sleep together?"
Chris got up to face me exposing his subtlety toned muscular chest. He noticed I was staring. "You okay?" Chris asked, stepping closer.
I took a step back, "could you please but a shirt on? I'm trying to concentrate."
He smirked, "am I distractin' to you princess?"
He stepped forward again, but this time I was frozen. His rough hand caressed me softly as I let the clothes fall to the floor. "Just a bit" i exhaled shakily. His electric eyes gave me a knowing look, suddenly unveiling his sincerity. "I never wanted to cause you trouble" he said.
"I believe you" I put my hand on top of his hand that was already on my cheek.
There were so many things I wanted to say to him, but a part of me knew this wasn't the time. Part of me wanted to stay in this little bubble with him, our unspoken thoughts up in the air never finding their place in this comfortable bubble of silence.
His lips hovered over mine, then he closed the gap.