Black Swan (Part I)

Start from the beginning

"Sophie, glad to see you returned." Dex said, his deep voice resonating and his smile lighting up the room. 

I nodded my head to him. "Anything to report?"

Dex frowned. He sighed and stuck his wrench into his toolbelt and crossed his arms. "Two of our spies were spotted and had to flee. Also-" He looked down. "Keefe got imprisoned-"

"What?" I burst out. I stood up and slammed my gloved fist on the table. "How the heck did Keefe get captured?! He was our best undercover agent, and he was right under their noses! DAMN IT KEEFE YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL!" I yelled.

Everyone generally seemed scared as they shrank down in their seats except for an eerily calm Tam and a tired Dex. "Told you That Boy was dumb." Grady said. He looked amused almost.

I glared at him but sat back down. "Yeah I guess asking him to attempt a prison breakout in the capital was him asking to be captured." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Sorry Little Dex, continue."

Dex's face had a grim look. "Many of the commoners have lost hope for the good Head Councillor-"

Linh spoke up. "Why don't we visit one of the local villages, we can at least rally their spirits."

Everyone contemplated her words. "That's a good idea." I answered. Dex looked irritated so I gave him an apologetic look.

"I also created more swords and replicated our blinking cloaks." He finished. That earned a few roars of approval from around the table. 

I smiled. "Thanks Dex. Linh, Tam, let's go visit the triplets," I turned my head to look at Dex. "I'll tell them you say hello." Dex nodded and the meeting was over. I took a moment to look at the latest poster for my wanted capture. I chuckled to myself. It was a sketch of a blonde male elf with dark blue eyes, a circlet with a swan shaped jewel set into the center, and long pointy ears. They must think I'm ancient if I'm still evading them. I started channeling and ran with Tam and Linh through the woods. It's mainly stupidity on their part, I'm barely twenty.

-

I saw the village come into sight and slowed down. We hid in the shadows courtesy Tam. Tam didn't even really need the shadows with his outfit. His black bangs with silver tips covered his right eye, the hair line jagged. A black cloak with a hood reached to his ankles. He wore black boots that reached up to his knees. He wore a black tunic with matching black pants. He had a sheath that held a rapier and tightly fitting black gloves that reached to his elbows. His shoulders were hidden by the cloak, making him look like a huge shadow. As stereotypically emo as you could be in a medieval era.

Although, Linh's and my outfits were not exactly screaming for attention either. Linh had her hair down, reaching to her elbows. It was dyed silver at the ends, like Tam's. Some of it spilled in front of her eyes. She wore a navy blue cloak, representing her talent, clasped by a swan pin. Her hood was down, lost underneath her hair. She had on a long sleeved top, a dull silver, nearly gray, with drooping sleeves that were tucked into short leather-like gloves that covered a little past her wrists. She had on leather boots that reached just below her knees, and black leggings. A navy ribbon was tied around her neck, like a choker, with no patterns, just a solid color. 

I had on a black cloak, my hood currently up, concealing my long blonde hair that reached my waist. I had on a silver circlet, with a swan shaped black diamond set into the center, representation of my leadership. I had on a black top, cut off at the bottom unevenly, showing off my stomach. Covering that, was a brown leather-like jacket that was open. I had on dark black leggings tucked into my black knee high boots. Black gloves reached to my elbows, restricting my Enhancer ability during combat. A swan pendant loosely clasped my cloak so I could reach the bow and quiver on my back if we were ambushed. A sheathed longsword rested on my right hip, pretty long at nearly 90 cm. A swan hairpin was clipped above my right ear, three feathers neatly tucked into it. A swan ring graced my pointer finger on my gloved left hand, fitting snugly. They didn't call me the Blackswan for nothing.

 (A/N: At this point I'm so proud of my character descriptions, I did research and everything! Yep! But seriously we need some good art of the keeper crew as medieval elves XD. That would be beautiful. Notice how I have yet to mention Biana, I only mention Fitz once, and Keefe twice. Don't worry.... Keep on reading.)

We sneaked our way to the apothecary and slipped in the back door. I heard the slight jingling of the bags of coins against Linh's legs. I saw Juline's face and tapped out a message in morse on the doorway before walking into her room. She sighed and put her dagger back into a hidden sheath. She ran to hug me and I wrapped my arms around her. "How's Dex?" She asked in a fragile voice.

"Good, he's great. He says hi." I said. Juline smiled.

"That's wonderful. Everyone in this part of the village is either barely scraping by or already in the jail." Juline's smile turned grim. "Only a few of us are still working here, and trade has been terrible."

"That's awful." We stood in silence. "I heard someone's turning sixteen today. Three special people." Juline's eyes brightened. "Do you know where the triplets are?" Linh asked.

Juline pointed to the front, where the triplets were working on serums. I nodded and our group sneaked into the front. I was behind Rex and I cupped my hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" I said. I knew he was smiling before he could turn around.

Just I guessed, he had broke out into a full smile. I hadn't seen him for two years, and he had grown quite a lot. He was now up to my shoulder, which was actually pretty tall, since I was taller than most elves, with the exception of Dex and a few others. "Sophie?" He asked incredulously.

I nodded and saw the other siblings rush over. They all hugged me and I let out a small laugh. "I guess you missed me."

"You came back!" Bex said.

"Of course, the Blackswan never breaks her promises." I tapped Bex on the nose. "Neither does Sophie."

Her face lit up. "Can you believe we're already sixteen? Now we can actually do stuff!"

"You could 'actually do stuff' since you were thirteen." Tam said sarcastically.

Before one of the triplets could say anything, Linh tossed the sacks of money to them. "Think fast!" She said.

Rex and Lex caught the sacks with their hands, Bex used telekinesis. They opened the sack and gaped when they saw fifty crowns in each. We were all tackled by hugs. Tam just looked uncomfortable as Bex happily hugged him. Linh laughed when she saw Tam's discomfort with human contact. "If you're ever going to talk to Biana, you need to get used to it if you wanna k-"

(A/N: crowns are a type of coin btw... If thats what u thought.... I should stop interuppting so much...)

Tam then turned red and threw a dagger that came from a hudden spot in his boot. It landed next to Linh's ear. "Shut up." Tam hissed, his face burning.

I chuckled. "Someone's in llllooooovvvvveeee!" I teased. Tam muttered something about death and me but it didn't matter.

As we left the smiling family, I smiled back at them. We channeled our way back to the camp and made it there just as the sun set.

-

A/N: HOPE YOU ENJOYED PART ONE. And don't be mad for any technical Sophitz not being in there.... Don't worry... We'll get there by part two... Maybe part three.... Hopefully... Yeah. I just wanted to start a long one before this oneshot series ends... I finally got some inspiration! Yay. Um vote. Comment. Stay wild. And if you can't  tell this was sorta inspired by Robin Hood....

-