Chapter 55 Family Talks part2/Last train ride

Start from the beginning

Harry went back down to get some tea for himself and Dudley. He didn't know how long this would take but he knew it was needed.

Harry and Dudley had been in the parlor talking for a few hours when his aunt walked back in. She looked better than when Harry had left her in his room. "Harry dear, your mother wants to talk to you in the painting room." She said. Harry stood from his seat. "Thanks aunt Petunia." He said and walked to the painting room. He walked in with some reservement. He didn't know what his mother thought of his little scheme to get her and his aunt to talk.

"You young man are way to wise for your age." His mother said again."Your aunt and I are not there yet but we will get there, we will keep talking about our problems with each other and move forward from there."Harry nodded and walked back to the parlor. It was getting late and he needed to get back to school, so after a quick goodbye he apperated back to Hogwarts.

The last weeks of the school year went faster than Harry had thought possible. The last exams had been taken and he was now grading them. He really loved this about the teaching. He could really see the students have learned a lot. He thought that most of them would pass with at least an Exceeds Expectations and all of the OWL would pass his class. He just knew it.

What he didn't think about was that his graduation was going to be that evening. It hit him at the last moment as he was grading some exams. His aunt walked in and that he never expected. "Aunt Petunia?" He asked with disbelief. "Well young man don't you need to get dressed?"she asked him. Than it hit Harry. He ran out of the back of the office and straight in his rooms where he had his dress robes and put them on. When he walked out a few minutes later his aunt looked surprised he changed so fast. "That's the fun part of robes aunt Petunia, you can change them in a second." Harry explained."But now tell me how you can be here?" Harry asked, his aunt loved the surprise she had given her nephew. "Your headmistress came to the mansion a few days ago and invited me. I arrived a few minutes ago. After a small spell I now understand why you and your mother and father love it here so much. Harry this place is wonderful." She explained, Harry just loved it what McGonnagal had done for him.
When they walked out of the office he was met with his friends and Sirius. They were all smiling. "Well pup, Minerva really had you in the loop for this one." It was Sirius who said that. "She sure did, but I love it so I don't mind." was all Harry said. "Shall we go?" Ron now asked. They all walked out of Harry's classroom towards the great hall.

Harry knew that because he was now getting his results that he needed to sit with his friends and their families. Mrs. Weasley sat beside Dudley and the two were happily chatting with each other when the group entered. The whole great hall went quit when they entered as a lot of parents now noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione and started pointing them out to their children who were all looking a bit ashamed. Aunt Petunia who was walking beside Harry looked at him and softly asked why the great hall suddenly was so quit. "Because we walked in." Harry said in a sad voice. "Since the war Ron Hermione and me are seen as Heroes and Ginny as a resistance hero."He explained further. They took their seats after some fast hellos and hugs and not long after that McGonnagal walked in with all the teachers and the graduation ceremony began.

Minerva took the stand took a stool and put the Sorting hat on it.
"I want to welcome you all to the graduation of our 7th year students." She started.
"For those who never have been to our wonderful school I want to express an extra warm welcome. As some of you are not witches of wizards like your children I want to explain the small hat I just put on the stool in front of you all. This is the sorting hat, This hat has been placed on your sons or daughters head when they arrived and it has placed them in their school house. As tradition the sorting hat welcomes the students but the sorting hat also says his goodbye."