Unmuted- Chapter 1

A groan slips its way through my lips as I stretch my aching limbs. I can feel the warm sunlight on the skin of my cheeks. I open my eyes and become welcomed to a bedroom that I had never seen before. As I sit up from my lying position on the foreign bed my heart rate begins to quicken, but then I remember...

My feet are caressed by the plush white carpet as I take steps towards the open doors of the patio. The morning breeze makes the curtains dance as fresh air slithers through the lively fabrics. I sigh involuntary as my feet come in contact with the cold tile of the patio floor, the whooshing winds close my eyes for me. I inhale the scent once and open my eyes.

"Holy shit," I hear a voice groan from inside the bedroom.

He is awake. I sigh and go back into the room. I ignore his piercing stare and slip into the bathroom and shut the door. I pull down my panties as I sit on the toilet. Seconds later he walks in, and heads towards the sink without even acknowledging my presence until he has his toothbrush in his mouth.

"You have a name?" He sits on the counter and analyzes me as I pee. His eyes squint as if he is trying to see through my skin. He turns his head and spits in the sink, then turns back in my direction. "I'm just saying." Shakes head. "You've been here for three days." Mumbles. "You must have a name." Spits.

He hops off the counter and stares at himself in the mirror, running his fingers through his short dark hair. "You have pretty eyes," he notes before he begins to wash his face. I take that moment to situate myself and get off the toilet.

I wash my hands in the sink next to him. They are shaking, dressed with ugly cuts in some places. The soap stings, but I bite down on my bottom lip and suppress the pain. I reach over to turn off the faucet, but before I can my hands are no longer in my possession.

"Come here," his voice says softly. HE pulls me towards the medicine cabinet and grabs some things before pulling me towards the counter again. HE hoovers my hands over the sink then opens a brown bottle. "I'm not gonna lie, this is gonna sting like hell."

I will not lie either, it did sting... horribly, but I held in my emotions and stared at my hands. I feel his eyes burning through my skin as he waits for my reaction. When he is done pouring, he breathes a laugh and caps the bottle before placing it on the counter. He studies my face for about ten seconds before shaking his head and walking towards the door.

Before he exits he turns around and leans on the doorframe as his jeans move lower down his waist. "You look great in my clothes by the way." He winks as I look down at the long sleeved white dress shirt that I am currently wearing. I awkwardly tug on the sleeve as I look back to his face. He smiles then walks out.

"Take a shower," he says from the bedroom. "I'll have breakfast ready when you're done."

I did take a shower and I would be lying if I said that I did not enjoy it. Even though it was almost guaranteed that I smelt like a very handsome successful gentlemen, I did not mind, at least I got to shower and wash my hair.

After drying my body and putting on the clothes that he laid out on the bed for me to wear, I made my way towards the kitchen. Before I had even made it halfway to the kitchen I could smell the breakfast foods. I am not a morning person, never have been. I hate eating breakfast, the hours that were considered 'breakfast time' were way too early for my stomach to be fed.

As I trudge into the kitchen I see him sitting at the table writing in a notebook. I pull back the chair across from him and quietly sit there. I stare at the plate of perfectly prepared and placed food.

"You should eat." I peek up to see his face, but he is still writing. I pick up my fork and find the smallest piece of scrambled egg and plop it in my mouth. "Good, so you understand English," he says as he puts down his ink pen in the crease of his notebook and shuts it. I stare at him blankly as I take a sip of orange juice. "I was beginning to think that you couldn't understand me. That would have been unfortunate... Can you imagine?" He laughs as he stretches in his chair. "All those compliments I've given you these past days would have gone to waste." His smile wanes a little as I continue staring at my plate without a response.