four.

'Morning...' Kelsey says softly as she makes her way into Demi's bedroom carrying a plate of toast and a cup of coffee.

'Hey.' Demi replies glancing up from where she's sitting in bed.

'How are you feeling?' Kelsey asks passing the plate to Demi and placing the cup on the bedside table.

'Exhausted. Nick texted me this morning.' Demi replies glancing down at Tobias.

'Really? What did he say?' Kelsey asks and Demi picks up her phone before passing it to Kelsey

From Nick :
I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I really don't want to lose you x

'Did you reply?' Kelsey asks and Demi shakes her head.

'I don't know what he expects me to say. He doesn't want to lose me but he doesn't want to be a dad; I'm so over people messing me around.' Demi replies.

'Do you love him?' Kelsey asks and Demi nods her head.

'Then tell him... Tell him you love him but Toby comes first.' Kelsey says passing the phone back to Demi. She takes a deep breath before glancing down at the phone in her hand.

To Nick :
I don't want to lose you either. I love you more than I ever imagined I would but Toby comes first now. If you're not ready to be a father to him that's fine but I can't be around you while you complete ignore our son's existence.

From Nick :
What if I said I want to be in his life?

To Nick :
I don't believe you. If you wanted to be in his life you'd be here.

Turning her phone off she places it on the bedside table and picks up a piece of toast.

'You know you'll be fine regardless of what happens with Nick.' Kelsey says and Demi nods her head.

'I know but I'd rather he was involved.' Demi admits taking a bite of the toast.

_____

'What are you doing downstairs? I told you to rest.' Kelsey says as Demi makes her way into the living room with Tobias cradled against her chest.

'I'm bored of lying in a bed, Kels. I'm bored of staring at the same four walls. I need to move.' Demi replies causing Kelsey to smile.

'I'm going to make a salad and noodles for lunch, is that okay?' Kelsey asks and Demi nods her head.

'That sounds perfect.' Demi replies smiling as Kelsey gets off the sofa and makes her way into the kitchen.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

'I'll get it.' Demi says. Keeping Tobias cradled against her chest she makes her way over to the front door and opens it to reveal Nick standing.

'I want to be in my son's life. I want to be in your life. I fucked up at the hospital but I was in shock.' Nick says.

'And you don't think I was in shock? I had just had a fucking baby, Nick. I was in pain. I was scared.' Demi replies, tears filling her eyes as she glances away from him.

'I'm sorry.' He says softly and she shakes her head.

'I needed you.' She almost whispers.

'How can I make this up to you, Dems? I love you.' He says causing her to sigh.

'I don't think you can.' She replies. Turning she walks away from the door but leaves it open so Nick can make his way into the house.

'I've called him Tobias Patrick Jonas-Lovato... I would've waited for you but I didn't know if you'd ever want to be involved.' Demi says glancing down at her son.

'Tobias is a lovely name.' He replies.

'Do you want to hold him?' She asks.

'I-If that's okay.' He replies and she nods her head. Carefully she places the newborn into Nick's arms as he gazes down at the baby.

'He's beautiful... What did he weigh?' He asks glancing at Demi.

'5lbs 9oz.' She replies.

'So tiny.' He says and she nods her head.

'D-Do you need anything? Is there anything I can buy?' He asks.

'Nope. I ordered the majority of what I need this morning.' She replies.

'Oh okay... I really am sorry I wasn't here, Demi.' He says.

'What are you doing about your tour? When do you go back?' She asks.

'It's postponed for now. I'll resume it when the time is right.' He replies.

'I don't want you to think you have to be in his life because you don't. I can do this one my own; I know you weren't expecting this.' She says.

'You weren't expecting this either. I'm not going to leave you to bring him up on your own. I know you can do this on your own; I know you don't need me but I want to be here.' Nick replies.

'Okay.' She says quietly.