Luke couldn't help, chuckle.

She caught it. "What?"

"That's funny. People have said that about me," he admitted.

"She must get it from you then," It sounded like Madison was smiling.

"So, what can I do? Can I come get her?"

"Well, no. There are some things we have to do, first," she explained to him the process and what he needed to do and bring when Luke came up there to Providence. For one, they had to make sure he was the father. Being stubborn, alone, wasn't enough.

When he eventually hung up, Luke stood there still stunned. The guy was a father. A Father! His own offspring. This had to be some kind of dream. Some dream that he would wake up from. But, nope. This was real and the kid's mother was the same woman who just up and took off. His heart felt like it was breaking all over again from the day Rachel had left. She didn't look pregnant so maybe she didn't know. But, she could have also called him up and told him. Why make their daughter go through whatever she did because of him?

Luke hung up the phone, grabbing Lorelai and Rory's food, and took the plates over to them, setting them on the table.

"What happened to our coffee?" Lorelai asked of him.

"Right." Luke headed around the counter to grab the coffee pot, bringing it back to pour for them. "You're not gonna believe this," he admitted, pouring Rory's last.

"What?"

He took a deep breath before answering, keeping his voice down so only they heard. "I have a kid."

Lorelai and Rory exchanged looks with each other.

"You're joking, right?" she forced a snicker.

"No." His expression was deadly serious. Lorelai could now see that.

"You're...you're serious?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

"Well," Rory was speechless. "Congratulations, Luke."

"Thanks, Rory."

"Wait..." Lorelai was still trying to wrap her mind around the thing Luke just dropped on them. "You...you actually reproduced?"

Luke suddenly shushed her, not wanting the whole diner to hear. "Keep it down. I don't want everyone to know yet," he told her with his hands raised in front of him.

"Who's the mother? Is it someone we know?"

"No, you don't know her."

"Is it a secret girlfriend on the side?"

"I gotta go." Luke turned and headed for upstairs, not wanting to answer any questions. He knew Lorelai would start probing him and the guy was anxious to get there. He packed a bag and headed back downstairs. Rory had left for school but Lorelai was still there.

Luke closed up the diner and headed out to where his truck was parked.

"So, are you staying all through the pregnancy?"

He tossed his bag in the back and opened his door. "The kid's already born."

"How old is the kid?"

"Five. She's been living in foster care since she was born," he explained.

Lorelai gave him a surprised look. "And they're just now calling you?"

"Her mother put her up for adoption. Apparently, they messed up and the new supervisor wasn't happy about it and told them to search for me. Plus, she's getting older and they haven't been successful at finding her an adoptive family. "