Chapter 26

Kim Taehyung POV.
We've been to many warehouses now and we couldn't find anything. It's just that I'm getting this weird feeling about the first one that we visited.

"Do you think we should really go back to the first warehouse we visited?" I asked Jungsoo.

"Yeah. I'll tell the driver to get us back there." he said. "But the problem is that Officer Dwi told us to go back to our first spot before an hour."

"Don't worry, he'll understand. Let's go." I said as we walk inside the van.

Kim Hyejin POV.
Where am I?
Why is my eonni here?

"Hyejin!" eonni came up to me and hugged me tight. "I missed you so much! It's been years and I tried looking for you all. I didn't even know that you're just married with my neighbor! And you have a daughter too?" she asked.

"Yes. But this is not my house. Where's my husband?" I asked.

"He's right there." eonni pointed at the guy sitting in beside a girl on my right.

"Eonni, that's not Taehyung." I said.

Seohyun POV.
"Eonni, that's not Taehyung." Hyejin-ssi said.

I gasped from what she just said. How can she remember everything right now? People said to me that amnesia had no cure.

Or . . .

What if it isn't amnesia?

Sungjin immediately stood up and threw the lamp beside him at the woman's head. The other man stood up and punched Sungjin at the face exquisitely. I stood up and quickly went in front of Hyejin. "Hyejin-ssi, let's get out of here. You may not know me but I'm going to explain everything later, I promise."

"My eonni! I can't leave her just like this! Please!" Hyejin-ssi pointed at the woman who was lying on the floor unconscious.

"Okay. Hyejin-ssi, you need to help me carry her up." I said.

I looked back for a second and Sungjin was still fighting with the man, not giving up.

"Hurry!" I shrieked.

I took the woman's back while Hyejin carefully lifted her leg. After that we fully lifted her up and slowly walked towards the exit, but before that Sungjin had the chance to hit me on the back of my head.

I fall.

Kim Taeho POV.
Today is the day I get out of the hospital, finally. But when I move, the wound still hurts a bit. Well, I can take it though.

"Where do you want to go? If you want, we can go eat somewhere or play at the mini arcade near around here!" Jimin hyung shrieked happily. "I'll treat you." he whispered.

"I-I want to go help appa." I said.

Jimin hyung suddenly became quiet and looked at Namjoon hyung straight in the eyes.

"Taeho-ah, I know you want to. But I'm sure he's doing fine. We're all right here for you. Okay? Your appa's happy that you're safe." Namjoon hyung spoke up.

I looked at the ground and looked back at Namjoon hyung. "Okay. But I just want to stay at home. I'm sorry. Maybe I can go with you guys tomorrow. I just don't feel like doing anything today."

"Alright then. But you won't be staying at your house because it's under investigation. Your appa told us to take you to our apartment." he responded back.

"Don't worry Taeho-ah. We have an extra room and you can sleep there alone if you really just want time for yourself." Jungkook hyung smiled. "Plus that room was your appa's old room. We both used to play video games there together. You can use the PS4 anytime."

"Thank you." I said. They all try their best to make me feel like home and I'm so thankful about it. They're all like my real hyungs now.

Kim Taehyung POV.
"Mr. Kim, Officer Dwi is already telling us to come back to the spot. Should I answer?" Jungsoo asked.

"No. Don't. I'll explain everything later." I said walking out the van and on the way to the entrance of the old and empty warehouse.

"Do you hear that?" I asked all of the cops behind me.

There was this noise that was coming from the inside of the warehouse. It sounded like chairs screeching right here and there. I was right, there was something suspicious about this place.

"Be quiet." Jungsoo demanded all of the cops behind me.

"When I count on three, we all stand in place, okay?" I said.

"1 . . .
2 . . .
3!"

We all push the huge warehouse door together and stood in place.

Right inside, was 4 people sitting on 4 wooden chairs. Their heads were all covered with black plastic bags. I couldn't tell which one is Hyejin here. There was 3 girls, and 1 man.

Suddenly, a man came walking out from the dark.

It was Sungjin.

"Look who's here." he said.

Kim Taeguk POV.
After I finished cutting halmeoni's rope, I tried budging on the locked garage door but it won't. "Halmeoni, I'll find some hammer or something. Stay there and don't waste your energy too much." I said.

Halmeoni shook her head and started looking with me. I noticed but I wouldn't want to force her more of what I want.

"Taeguk-ah, maybe it's this button." halmeoni pointed at a button near the entrance door on the way inside the house. She clicked on it and the garage door started to open slowly.

I covered my eyes due to the bright sunlight.

I took halmeoni's hands and we walked out. I don't know where we are at all. It's unrecognizable. Nothing looks familiar.

This one person came walking out from our north. I asked her where we were and the answer made my jaw drop.

"Gwangju."

How come I never realized how far that Jinwoo took us?

Author's Note
thank you for reading! im really really sorry for the slow updates! ill make it up to you all. i will try updating the book faster than before. tomorrow is my flight to my country, so i'll try writing the next chapter inside the plane! enjoy.