Life at the House of Night: Marked: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"It is already going to be breakfast." Neferet informed. "I shall leave you now, but I am certain you have me for your first class: Vampyre Sociology 101. Merry meet."

With that, she left me alone... outside of the Temple. Thanking my good memory, I made my way to the girl's dorm again. I had to ask of a random girl of where my room was in order to go to it by my own. One pain in the ass thing about me was that when it came to new places, I preferred to keep to myself. As soon as I arrived at the door, a grey and black tabby cat was sitting by it. It walked up to me and rubbed against my legs.

"I think it's choosing you."

I nearly jumped out of my skin before turning around quickly. A man that seemed to have been six feet tall walked to me. Okay. He wasn't a man but a full-fledged vamp and looked to be in his twenties. Was he really that age or was it some sort of appearance thing due to being a vampyre? He had dark hair and eyes and was incredibly handsome. The tattoos around his colored-in Mark resembled of lightning bolts. I did my best to question myself of why a male vampyre was in the girl's dorm.

"Choosing me?" I knelt to pet the cat.

"Cats have been partners with us for a long time." He explained before giving me a schedule for my classes.

I looked at it closely, studying the schedule. I was taken aback by the date that was printed out, which was five days before I was Marked. Weird. My schedule was this:

1st Hour – Vampyre Sociology 101. Rm. 205. Prof. Neferet

2nd Hour – Poetry. Prof. Blake

3rd Hour – Lit. 101. Rm. 214. Prof. Penthesilea

4th Hour – Fencing. Gymnasium. Prof. D. Lankford

Lunch Break

5th Hour – Spanish 101. Rm. 216. Prof. Garmy

6th Hour – Intro to Equestrian Studies. Field House. Prof. Lenobia

"Third Former?" I asked, noticing the title they put by my name.

"That's another term for ninth grade." He explained, then remembered something. "How forgetful of me of introducing myself. I am Professor Loren Blake and I am your mentor."

I see. They ran the school like that but that didn't answer my initial thought of why he didn't meet me earlier outside of the girl's dorm. With his looks, he could have made the rest of the girls swoon if they saw him. I nodded my head in a manner of understanding him.

"Not that much of a talker, are you?" He chuckled as he laid his hand on top of my head. "Oh. You best get to class."

"Right." I replied, moving to go past him.

I began to walk to the Third Former Hall. I noticed that the cast that "chose" me was following me.

"I never really gave you a name, did I?" I asked while looking ahead to make sure that I wouldn't run into anything or anyone. "How about Sai?"

The cat meowed to what I believed in agreement. She left me as I got to my first class.

"Come sit by us!"

I looked over to see a boy and a girl looking at me. The boy had dark brown hair and eyes, having a smile on his face. The girl had long, dark hair with hazel eyes though one thing different about her was the fact that unlike the boy, her Mark was colored in. Not to mention that she was oddly familiar for reasons unknown to me. Deciding that it was probably not the best idea to decline, I moved to sit by the girl, noticing that they were wearing the uniforms as well.