s u m m a r y

-×-×-×-×-

-×-×-×-×-

amalia florés was never a hero. she was simply a girl who would do whatever it took to survive, no matter the costs to others, a desirable trait for the daughter of one of the most dangerous drug cartel leaders of the past century. her whole life was defined by the fragile politics of the border cartels, something she embraced from a very young age.

but when amalia's father volunteers her for human experimenting, everything she had ever known is thrown upside down. she goes from nearly invincible, commanding respect from everyone around her to nothing more than a glorified lab rat. years pass, and she's tossed aside when her volatile abilities seem uncontrollable. rescued by, ironically, a raid by the very cartel she was set to inherit, she decides to put all of it behind her and move to the opposite coast altogether.

 all amalia wants is to lie low and start a new life, free of the burdens of her past. but when her abilities accidentally draw the attention of a man in a purple suit, she's thrown into a whole new living hell. but this time, instead of running away, a certain wiseass detective with a past nearly as dark as her own gives her the courage to stand up and fight back. 

-×-×-×-×-