Hell's Treasure Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

Shaw (off-panel): Run!

Page 47 panel 4

Lower left inset over panel 3.  Medium shot.  Shaw and Aaron running toward the hatch of the secret stairwell.  Angel's POV as he swoops down on them from above.

Shaw: Hurry!

Page 47 panel 5

Lower right inset over panel 3.  Medium shot.  Shaw and Aaron running full-tilt toward the hatch as the angel bears down behind them, in the background of the shot.  POV from in front of Shaw and Aaron, as if the camera were in their path.

Shaw: Go!

Aaron: We're almost th...

Page 48 (6 panels)

Page 48 panel 1

Wide shot, big panel.  In the foreground, Shaw's at the open hatch, ready to descend the staircase.  But the angel swoops down and scoops up Aaron, latching onto his ankle and hoisting him off the concrete.

Shaw (caption): I'm almost home free when the angel grabs Aaron.

Aaron: YAAAHHH!

Page 48 panel 2

Middle tier panel.  Medium shot.  Angle on Shaw as she watches the angel from the rim of the hatch.

Shaw (caption): So much for home free.

Angel (off-panel)(unique angelic font): If only you could save him.

Page 48 panel 3

Medium shot.  Angle on the angel as he hovers beyond the edge of the tower, dangling terrified Aaron over the East River far below.

Angel: From falling, that is.

Angel: If only you had the key to his future.

Page 48 panel 4

Bottom tier panel.  Closeup on Shaw.  Focus on the key in her hand, the key she got from the hidden compartment.  She looks at it as sunlight glints on its golden surface.

Shaw (caption): He wants this.  But why?

Shaw: What would you need with a key?

Page 48 panel 5

Small panel.  Closeup on Aaron, upside-down, eyes wide and frantic.

Aaron: Just give it to him, Shaw!

Page 48 panel 6

Wide shot.  Shaw facing off against the angel, who's still floating beyond the tower with Aaron in his grip.

Shaw: But we don't even know who he is.

Angel: My name is Elysion.  Now hold that thought.

Page 49 (7 panels)

Page 49 panel 1

Medium shot.  The angel loosens two fingers from around Aaron's ankle.  Aaron is bug-eyed and panicky.

Elysion: My palm is sweating a bit.

Elysion: Starting to lose my grip, I'm afraid.

Aaron: No!  Please!  No!

Page 49 panel 2

Wide shot.  Shaw, looking disgusted, holds up the key.  We see her in the gap between Elysion and Aaron's leg in the foreground.

Shaw (caption): Butthole.

Shaw: All right, you've made your point.  You can have it.

Page 49 panel 3

Medium shot in the middle tier.  The smiling angel continues to dangle Aaron in mid-air, but we see another finger uncurl from around his ankle.

Elysion: How sweet of you.  Just hand it over, and I'll...

Page 49 panel 4

Medium shot, almost identical to panel 3, except Elysion lets go of Aaron.  He watches him fall, eyes slightly wide in mild (feigned) surprise.  We see Aaron's leg plunge away from him, straight down.

Elysion: Whoopsy daisy.

Page 49 panel 5

Closeup on Shaw, eyes wide, as she watches Aaron drop and realizes he's as good as dead...and so is she.

Shaw (caption): My heart's like a bird beating itself to death against the bars of a cage.

Shaw (caption): I hardly know Aaron, but I can't stand to lose him.

Shaw (caption): He's all I've got.

Page 49 panel 6

Bottom tier.  Medium shot of Elysion swooping down at Shaw.

Shaw (caption): Not that it'll be a problem for much longer.

Page 49 panel 7

Closeup on Elysion making contact with Shaw, plowing into her and grabbing the key from her grasp at the same time.

Shaw (caption): Because it turns out...

Page 50 (8 panels)

Page 50 panel 1

Wide shot, big panel.  Elysion plows Shaw right off the bridge tower into thin air.  He has his head down and his shoulder sunk into the tackle, and we see the gleaming key in his hand.

Shaw (caption): ...I won't be around long enough to miss him.

Page 50 panel 2

Medium shot, middle tier.  Shaw's POV as she falls straight down.  Elysion hovers above her, waving and smiling, silhouetted against the bright sun.

Shaw (caption): The breath rushes out of my lungs.  The wind roars in my ears like a train.

Shaw (caption): This is exactly what I set out to do last night.  Before I was rudely interrupted.

Page 50 panel 3

Reverse angle.  Closeup on Shaw as she plunges toward the distant surface of the East River.

Shaw (caption): And the funny thing is, it's only now that I realize...

Shaw (caption): ...now that it's absolutely too late...

Page 50 panel 4

Almost the same shot as panel 3, but wider, as Shaw continues to plummet away from us.

Shaw (caption): ...that I don't want to die.

Shaw: Help me!

Page 50 panel 5

Bottom tier.  Tight closeup on Shaw's face in profile.  The wind whips her hair upward as she continues to fall.

Shaw: Please help me!

Shaw (caption): Why I call for help, I don't know.

Page 50 panel 6

Tighter closeup on Shaw's face in profile.  She closes her eyes as she cries out.

Shaw (caption): I know it's already too late.

Shaw: Help!!!

Page 50 panel 7

An even tighter closeup on Shaw's face, eyes still shut tight.

Shaw (caption): I'm dead.

Shaw: Oh God, oh God, oh God...

Shaw (caption): Mission accomplished.