Chapter 1: Broken

For this chapter (S/n) stands for sibling name. Yeah, you get a brother. Better have a name for him.

This book is SUPER OLD!!! Like nearly 5 or more years old. Therefore, this story isnt the best, there's a million mistakes, poorly utilized plot and much more. DONT POINT OUT EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE I MAKE IN THIS BOOK! DONT GET MAD OVER HOW BAD IT IS EITHER. You probably don't understand but its disrespectful to the writer and it ultimately annoys them. You don't see me going to your book and commenting every little mistake you make. I will not go back and fix my mistakes either. If anything it's a reminder to how much Ive grown since writing this book up until current day.

In a distant kingdom full of misfortune.

Me and my siblings were playing cards within our castle. Trying our hardest to ignore the warfare outside the palace walls. Being the oldest of my siblings meant I had to be the one to keep them in line, happy, safe.

"Go fish" my oldest brother (S/n) chimed. I picked up a card from our deck on the table and put it into my deck.

"Got any...." I trailed off. Are we really just going to sit here and ignore the fact that our kingdom has pretty much fallen? We can't save it. Any day now the civilians will break through the fence separating us.

"Sis?" (S/n) called out snapping me back into focus. "I'm scared..." He sets his cards down and sat down on the floor with our youngest sisters. I followed the same action and got down onto the floor with them. Scooping the sisters into my lap and pulled (S/n) over too.

"I understand. But I promise to keep everyone safe" deep down I knew I can't protect them. As I said, our walls can only hold back so much. When they fall, our family is as good as dead. Our parents won't keep tabs on the kingdom. Hoarding all the money for themselves and ignoring all crime. Its a death trap down there...

"Don't lie (Y/n)" (S/n) snapped at me. My eyes went large in shock. He saw right through me...

"We are destined to die. How else do you expect me to think?" I said back in a slump.

"I want a change" a tear let loose onto his cheek and ran down his cheek into our sister's dress. That was the breaking point, I sat our sisters onto the rug and got up fixing my dress. I made a direct path to my parent's quarters. Even throwing the servants off to the side if they were in my way.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

"Ma Pa! I know you both are in there let me in!" My voice quivered. I was openly crying and trying my hardest to hold it back.

"Come on in. We have important news!" Dad sounded overly joyful and a servant opened up the doors. I approached my parents as they gave me a glass filled with thick red wine.

"Do you have a solution to solve the warfare?" I asked as I sat the glass full of alcohol down on the table.

"No better" mother clapped.

"Better?" I questioned.

"We are stepping down from the thrown." Mom was chugging down the wine like it was her last day on earth.

"You get to be queen. Isnt that great?" Dad grinned ear to ear. There's a catch, I can tell.

"There's more to this than you both let on" I backed up.

"We will announce that we are giving the thrown to you and (S/n). They city wants the king and queen." Mom rejoiced.

"Basically, you are throwing me and (S/n) under the bus." I snapped. "No I'm not allowing this" I back up to the doors of their chambers. That puts a target on my head. Im destined to die that's what.

"We are your parents and you will obey our orders!" Father snapped throwing his wine glass onto the ground and it shattered. He stomped towards me and I quickly threw the doors open running as quickly as I could in this frilly dress right down to my room. Locked the door and quickly gathered my belongings. I can't stay here any longer! I got to leave before this country falls. There's no saving it or myself now.

After gathering the things I would need into a bag. I shed my dress and put on more mobile clothes and a cloak. Strapping my sword to my hip. Throwing my bag over my back and bolted out my bedroom for the castle entrance. I got to escape now. Its now or never!!!

I chucked myself against the grand doors and whistled loudly. My horse quickly came to my call. I threw myself onto her saddle and snapped her reins. Redirecting her for the open ocean behind the castle. The island was miserably small, our castle occupied half of the island. Reaching the docks was easy.

I jumped from the horse and ran the rest of the way to the docks and quickly hopped into a small sail boat that wasn't occupied.

"Where is the princess going?" A dock worker questioned as I struggled to free the rope from the docks keeping the boat in place.

"She's clearly fleeing"

"Bout time somebody notices this town has gone down"

"Oh shut the hell up!!! Either help me or flee yourselves!" I snapped at the dock workers and managed to somehow free the rope from the dock and hopped in quickly. The dockworkers were also scrambling around to boats. The sailboat was quickly picking up steam as I was speeding right through the bay into open water. I considered myself safe and just let the wind take the boat wherever and sat back. Watching my fallen kingdom flee from sight.

Did I really just run away?

Forget that...

Did I just run away without my helpless siblings?

Its too late now...

I can't go back unless I want my parents to catch me and force me into their devious plan to dump all of the kingdom's problems onto me. I'm not Princess Vivi from Alabasta. She turned Alabasta around for the better. Meanwhile everything here is beyond repair.

I'm no princess at all...

The Cook and the Pirate Princess: Sanji X ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara