Peanut Butter and Garlic Sandwiches.

Start from the beginning

Carol appeared above Marni's *happy* appearance. "How many drinks have you had?"

Marni part giggled, part burped. "Oh wow that tasted bad. It's okay Carol. I'm sober as a giraffe!" Marni pulled herself up. "I think I should get home!" She said looking down at her phone and reading the time.

Carol said her goodbyes and Marni made her way outside. A sudden wash of realization fell over her.

"Ohhhhhhh..." She slightly laughed to herself as she remembered that she had no car.

She dialed Kol's number and waited for a reply.

"What's up trouble?" He answers on the other end.

"Come to the Ball!"

"I thought you didn't like me?" she could hear the smirk in his voice.

"I don't," she replied. "You're annoying, and cocky, but I need a favor."

"Let me guess, you're stranded at the ball without a ride home?"

Marni bit her lip, funny how he could read that, "No.... Well, maybe. Pretty please?

"I'm on my way." Kol hangs up a moment later.

-

Marni waited for Kol, pacing back and forth on the grass. Not watching where she was going, her foot caught on something and she tripped. She laughed wildly and looked up at the stars, trying to make out shapes. All she could find was a panda mauling a triangle.

She laid there for a while, thinking about how Alaric could stand putting up with Damon. If Marni was Alaric, she would have decked him by now.

"Having fun?" a voice asked.

Kol looked down at her, smirk in place.

"Yes. Quite a lot actually. Do you know the fish are the reason I watch Burn Notice?"

"How lovely," he commented. "Come on, I'll take you home."

"But it's so fun down here!" she pouted.

Kol sighed and held out his hand, which she grabbed after a moment. He pulled her up and she laughed.

"Lettuce leaf!" she cried, walking forwards.

Thanks to her not being so sober, she lost her footing and stumbled, but Kol grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back up.

"I'm fine!" she insisted.

"You're clearly not," Kol argued. "Here, I'll carry you."

"No, it's fine, I'll walk," she denied.

"You can barely stand."

"Then I'll crawl."

"And ruin your pretty dress? I don't think so."

"Fine!" she agreed reluctantly. "Yay! Piggy back ride!"

Although Marni gathered that a 'piggy back ride' wasn't Kol's idea of carrying her, she didn't care. She wanted a piggy back ride.

Kol sighed and lent down slight and Marni lept up on his back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I feel like Bella," Marni frowned.

"Bella?"

"Oh, right. You've been in a coffin for the past century."

"Duelly noted," he muttered bitterly.

"So, pretty much, this book called Twilight evolves around this chick called Bella who meets Edward, who's a vampire that sparkles in the sun and doesn't have fangs. They fall in love, have a vampire/human baby, and shit goes down," Marni explained. "And somewhere in the books, Edward gives Bella a piggy back ride, except he's going all vampire mode."