A Refeshment of Years.

The plane trip wasn't long, just like Emma had expected. She got off, grabbed her bags and begun making her way to the airport entrance.

"EMMA!" Came a high pitch squeal, anyone who had met her, would recognise.

Emma looked up to see Caroline, full sprint towards her. She jumped and grabbed onto Emma, who had to drop all her bags to catch her. Caroline was the same height as Emma now, probably even the same size. Her hair was still bright blond and wavy. Looks like some things never change.

"Hello to you to Caroline!" Emma was engulfed by Caroline's fluffy jacket, she almost couldn't hear Liz.

"Hello  Emma, good to see you again." Finally Caroline let go and Liz came in for a not so neurotic hug.

"It's good to see you to Liz." Emma smiled, looking at mother like daughter. Nothing had changed.

"Well we'd better get going. I have to get back to the council, we have some widely spread, animal attacks going around..." Liz grabbed one of Emma's bags and made her way out.

“Animal attacks. Should I be worried?” Emma turned to Caroline, who had an overly ecstatic smile spread across her face.

“Oh no, nothing too big of a deal!” Caroline stayed close by Emma's side. "So what's all the gossip? I want to hear everything!"

Emma sighed, "Well I am moving back to the place I tried to get away from, I have moved in with my neurotic cousin and I now have to attend a real school. So no, I have no gossip."

Caroline slumped, “Any men in your life?”

“Well I did have a fabulous date the other night.” Emma pointed out.

Caroline was immediately intrigued. "OMG! Tell me everything. Every little detail!”

Emma laughed at Caroline’s bulged eyes. They got into the car and Emma whispered to Caroline that she would talk when home.

They arrived at Caroline's in no time. Emma had completely forgotten what Caroline's house was like. It was massive compared to hers. Emma was so happy; even her room was as big as her whole apartment.

As Caroline and Emma were unpacking, Caroline brought up the previous subject.

"So the date!?"

"Oh yeah. I met this cute guy when I was babysitting. He was really kind. He gave me my favourite flowers. Asked me on a date. Bought me Chinese and we kissed. End of."

Caroline stopped folding. "Excuse me? Are you saying you fell for someone you’re never going to see again?”

"You really do know how to make a girl happy don't you!"

Caroline laughed, "Sorry. Well anyway. I have a boyfriend of my own."

Emma raised an eye brow.

"Do you remember Matt?"

"If you mean shaggy blond hair boy, then yes. I think." Emma uncertain.

"Well yeah. Him!"

 Emma's face was blank, then suddenly filled with sarcastic happiness.

"Good for you sweetie!" Emma was finally finished unpacking.

"Well I'm hungry. You want to go get something to eat?" Caroline picked up her mobile.

"Ah sure. Who you texting?"

"Matt. He'll meet us at the grill. Your good at pool right?"

Emma nodded.