Three

Justin

I sipped on my wine as I glanced over at Chantel. She was looking down at her newly manicured nails while we waited for our food. She wanted to go somewhere to eat so I took her to this fancy place.

She never wanted to eat fast food so this was the only place that came to mind.

"So where were you yesterday? You usually come home after work." She asked and observed me closely.

I shrugged, "I went to go get some coffee, but first I stopped by home to change out of my suit." I lied smoothly.

She pursed her lips, but didn't speak any further about the topic. Once we saw the waiter coming our way with the food, we made space for the plates and watched at how he placed my food and hers on the table.

The waiter smiled at Chantel, "Any more wine for you gorgeous?"

Chantel glanced at me then back at him, "No thanks. My glass is half full."

He smirked before walking away. I began to eat my lobster and was abruptly stopped by hearing Chantel clear her throat, making me look up at her.

"Is anything wrong?" I asked and continued chewing my food.

Her eyes narrowed, "The waiter was just flirting with me." She whisper yelled, "And you let him!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "He was flirting? Maybe he was just being nice so he could get a big tip I don't know."

She scoffed, "Whatever." She said before shoving a fork full of salad in her mouth.

I looked at her food in disgust and wondered how that could keep her full. She had a nice body, so I wasn't sure why she always had to order a salad or something healthy. I mean, one cheat day wouldn't hurt right?

My mind began drifting off thinking of what Selena would order. Then about how it would be like to take her on a date and talk to her about random things like what kind of toppings she liked on her pizza.

With Chantel it was different now. She would talk about herself all the time. Or about how people at work were so disrespectful, giving me a hint to fire them.

It was just boring and nothing about her excited me.

I sighed and looked at her to see her scrolling down her phone.

Shoving another piece of lobster in my mouth I began to think of Selena some more. I wondered what was going through that cute little head of hers when I told her about my offer. I probably scared her and now she didn't want anything to do with me.

I just couldn't help myself. I needed her.

That afternoon when she was dropped off by that guy, it made my blood boil. I knew that waiter was flirting with Chantel, but I didn't really care. It was different with Selena. I wanted to get to know more of her and take her to places she's never been before.

I couldn't wait until tomorrow night to hear her answer.

"Justin," Chantel whined and I snapped out of my thoughts, looking at her now.