Act III: Scene Four

ACT III
— Scene 4 —
P O V : H A R R Y

"I'll never let go; I promise."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, my eyes glued on the television screen in front of me. Louis was sat on the couch, whilst I laid down beside him, my head rested in his lap. We were watching one of my favourite films, Titanic.

"Are you crying?" he asked, running his fingers through my hair.

I wiped the tear of my cheek. "What? No, of course not," I lied.

He scoffed, dropping his hand to his side, "You've watched this film about fifty times, I can't believe it still gets you all emotional."

I frowned, "It's sad, Lou, The love of her life just died!"

I reached for his hand and brought it to my head again.

"Why'd you stop? I like when you play with my hair," I whined.

He chuckled and picked up a strand of my hair, twirling it around with his fingers. I smiled to myself and directed my attention to the TV screen again.

By this point, I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face.

"Oh, c'mon Harold!" Louis exclaimed, "You're getting my trousers all wet- it's gonna look like I pissed myself."

I sighed. Before I had time to respond, we heard a loud knock at the door. Louis pushed me off his lap, scrambling to open the door.

I looked over to see a panicked Liam standing in the doorway.

"I need your help. Well, Zayn needs your help," he announced, out of breath.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows, "What happened?"

"Zayn, and Danielle, got arrested," he explained, "He's my best mate, we need to do something ."

Louis turned to look at me, then back at Liam. "Well, how are we supposed to help?" he asked.

Liam sighed, "Just come with me, I'll explain on the way."

"Wait," I started, "What did he get arrested for?"

Louis rolled his eyes. "Isn't it obvious? Drugs."

"Actually," Liam said, giving us a weak smile, "To put it simply, he was shagging Danielle in that fucking alleyway again."

Louis' jaw dropped, his lips forming into an "O" shape.

"I mean, I'm disappointed," He said, "But not very surprised."

I scrunched up my face in disgust, "Ew, why would anyone do that?"

Liam shrugged, "Dunno, some people have weird kinks."

I nodded slowly, "Okay, but how did you even find out about this in the first place?" I asked. "You weren't with them while they were... doing it, right?"

Liam quickly shook his head, "No, I was at home. My Zayn senses were tingling, so I called him."

Louis and I shared a puzzled look.

"He didn't pick up, which is strange, since he always does. I knew something was up, so I walked out of my house to see if he was home, but instead I saw him and Danielle get pushed into a police car," he explained.

I looked at Louis, unsure of what to do. Louis looked back at me, obviously wondering the same.

He eventually shrugged, "Alright, let's go save Zayn then."