Act II: Scene Thirteen

ACT II
— Scene 13 —
P O V :  L O U I S

It had been a few minutes since Harry left, and I was still too tired to get out of bed. I fooled around on my phone, texting Grace for a bit, and soon I was incredibly bored.

I groaned, forcing myself out of bed. I trudged down the stairs to the kitchen, making myself a bowl of Curiously Cinnamon.

I ate in silence, staring at the back of the Lucky Charms box that Harry had left on the table.

This is what I originally wanted. I moved here for the peace and quiet, for the alone time, but now I was starting to get used to Harry's company.

I finished the cereal, and placed the empty bowl in the sink.

Although my last walk was unsuccessful, I decided that there was nothing better to do today.

I finally got up from the table and made my way upstairs. I threw on a hoodie and sweats, then went back downstairs. After grabbing the keys, I stepped outside.

I strolled along the pavement, and started to get lost in thought. I wondered what Harry and Liam were up to. They couldn't still be talking about drag, could they?

I started regretting staying home. I was worried that I came off rude to Harry, and I didn't want to give that impression.

Since when did I care about what Harry thought of me?

I pushed my thoughts away and walked faster through the wind. There weren't that many people on the street today, which I was glad about. I didn't want any more strange encounters.

After crossing the street, I spotted a tall, long-haired man a few steps in front of me. My face instantly softened.

"Harry!" I called out to him. He turned around, to reveal that he was in fact not Harry, but a bearded old man.

He frowned when he saw me, "Hey, I may not have shaved in the last few weeks, but I'm not that hairy."

I opened my mouth to say something, but then just nodded.

"Right, sorry," I mumbled, and turned back around, embarrassed.

Before I could drown in humiliation, I heard loud noises coming from around the corner.

Curious, I turned into the familiar alleyway.

My jaw dropped. There on the ground was the hooker, Danielle, completely naked. Her eyes were shut tight as she moaned loudly. On top was a dark haired boy, thrusting into her. Both of them were clearly involved, because they didn't notice me at all.

I stood there in shock, unable to move. Suddenly, Danielle opened her eyes, recognising me immediately.

"Oh my god, it's you," she smirked, "Are you here to join us?"

The boy looked at me, and immediately jumped off of her, trying to cover his privates.

"Um," I squeaked out, still paralysed.

"Fuck, sorry man," said the boy, "No one ever comes down here."

I tried to look away from the two of them. At this point, I was completely grossed out.

Danielle lit a cigarette, still naked, as if she weren't just out in the open. The boy grabbed his clothes, frantically pulling them on.

"I'm Zayn, by the way," he said, holding out his hand. Hesitantly, I shook it.

"Right, I-I'm just gonna go," I trailed off, turning to leave. However, before I could walk out the alleyway, I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"And then, even though I asked for nipple pasties, they gave me a full platter of Cornish pasties! Crazy, right?"

It was Liam, of course. When I turned towards him, I was relieved to see Harry by his side.

"Lou!" Harry beamed, running up to me.

"Hi Harry," I smiled. I missed you.

"What's going on here?" Liam asked when he caught up to us. Harry and Liam both looked into the alleyway, where Danielle was still naked, and Zayn looked incredibly awkward. When Liam saw him, his face lit up.

"Zayn!" He called out, and Zayn grinned. "How are you?"

"I'm great, but what about you? How was your tour?" Zayn asked him.

"You know this guy?" I asked Liam, confused.

Liam nodded, "Yeah, he's our neighbour,"

"Which one?" I asked.

"Niall probably referred to me as the drug dealer," Zayn told me. I nodded, remembering the time Niall told us about a drug dealer.

"Can someone fill me in on what's going on?" Harry spoke up. "And why are you naked?" He asked Danielle, who just shrugged.

"These two were fucking in the alleyway," I explained to Harry. Harry's eyes widened.

"What? Isn't that illegal?" Harry sputtered, still concerned.

"So are drugs, kid," Zayn chuckled, pulling out a ziplock bag of pills from his pocket. He outstretched his arm, "Want some?" Harry shook his head immediately.

"Harry, this is Zayn, and that's Danielle," Liam informed Harry. He turned to Zayn, "This is Louis and Harry, they moved in a couple weeks ago."

"Oh, cool," Zayn chuckled, "How does Niall feel about you guys?"

"What?" Harry asks.

"You know, I'm assuming you two are together," he explained. Liam leaned over and whispered something in Zayn's ear.

"Ohh," Zayn nodded slowly. Although Harry and I could guess what was going on, we looked at each other in confusion.

Danielle coughed, interrupting us.

"Well, as nice as this has been, Zayn and I were in the middle of something, so if you could all leave, that'd be great," she said.

"Fuck off Danielle, I don't give a shit about your Poundland pussy," Zayn spat out.

Danielle rolled her eyes, "That's not what you were saying ten minutes ago!"

"Here," Zayn said, taking out a twenty pound note and handing it to her, "As for me, I gotta Zayn."

"Bye!" Liam waved as Zayn walked out the alleyway. Harry turned to him.

"What the heck does gotta Zayn mean?" he asked. Liam shrugged.

"Just some weird thing he came up with," he explained. Danielle crossed her arms.

"Um, you guys can leave now," she hissed. We all nodded and walked away.

"I'm gonna head home now, lads," Liam smiled and turned to Harry, "I'll text you later, okay?" he said, and Harry nodded.

I groaned, grabbing Harry by the arm. "Bye," I called out, and dragged him down the street.

"Ow," Harry whined, "Your nails are digging into my skin!"

"Oh, sorry," I said, letting go of him. Harry crossed his arms.

"How did you even end up in that alleyway anyway?" he interrogated. I shrugged.

"I'll tell you later," I told him, "Right now, I just want to go home."

AN: From this point, all of the main characters are introduced. I hope you're enjoying the story!
— Ava and Melina