"I don't believe we've been introduced. It's a pleasure to have you in my shop, Miss Edwards."

I started, caught off guard by the fact that he knew me. Then I remembered that I was no longer an anonymous woman. He reached out and grasped my hand, drawing it to his lips.

"It's nice to meet Mr-."

"Please call me Sebastián." Despite the warmth of his greeting, there was a coldness behind his eyes that sent a chill running down my spine.

"Then you must call me Perrie." I started to pull my hand away but his grip on it tightened.

"Such a lovely ring."

I raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I'm very attached to it."

"I was certain you would be. No doubt owing in no small part to the women who gave it to you." He studied me for a moment and I squirmed under his gaze, my discomfort growing with each passing second. "Tell me, how is Jade? I've expected her to pay me a visit since I heard of your engagement."

"I plan to wear this ring as my wedding band," I explained to him.

Sebastián released my hand and smiled wanly. "Still, she should keep her jeweler close if she wants a happy marriage."

I laughed politely. Sebastián bent to reach into the case and I shot daggers at Luke, who merely returned my glare with a puzzled shrug.

"This would suit your fiancé," he said as he handed me the ring.

"Could you engrave it?" I asked, handing it back to him.

"Certainly." He placed it on a small, velvet square. "And I'd be happy to deliver it to your house."

I had the oddest instinct to say no. "Can you send it with Luke's order? I don't want Jade to see it before the wedding."

Sebastián inclined his head in agreement and relief washed over me. I immediately felt silly. There was no reason to be so paranoid. The store's doorbell another measure of its exclusivity chimed, distracting him and saving me from any further consideration on the matter. It had been months since Zayn's assault and I was still seeing wolves behind every friendly face.

We arranged for payment and delivery and I tried not to think about the extravagant price tag. If Jade was going to wear this ring for the rest of her life and she was if I had anything to say about it, it was worth the cost.

As Luke finished signing his check, I glanced up, noticing the shop's newest customer for the first time. And the fact that she was studying me. Her gaze didn't waver even when I caught her staring. I flushed, turning away but not before I'd gotten a good look at her.

(Girl in store)

"Miss Edwards," Sebastián called

"Miss Edwards," Sebastián called. "Allow me to introduce one of my partners. This is Miss Beldon."

She sashayed a few steps closer and stuck out her hand. "Casey."