I Told You So

(Connor's POV)

"Connor, this is unacceptable! Your mother and I did not raise you this way!" My father's voice boomed through the air.

"But Dad.. I-"

"No Connor! There are no excuses for these feelings you're having! If you don't turn off these feelings then you are no son of mine!"

"But I... okay."

"You need to understand that those thoughts are a sin! Heavenly Father could never love someone like that! I just want the best for you Connor."

"Yea... sure."

* * *

"Connor? You feeling okay? You zoned out for a minute there."

"Yea I'm.. I'm fine. Hey do you think I can finally take off these bandages?" I asked, trying to change the subject, "It's been a while since I got hurt and I don't know how much longer I can stand being covered in bandages."

"Has it been long enough? What if they're not healed completely? What if-" I leaned forward and pressed my lips against Kevin's for a moment, "That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up."

"More like my way of saying 'you worry too much' but yea that too."

I quickly removed the bandages and tossed them into a pile on the floor. My bruises had gone from dark purple splotches to only a few small spots.

"I don't mean to day 'I told you so' but I knew those bandages and ice packs would work! And you doubted me!" A smug grin appeared on Kevin's face.

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up," I said jokingly.

"Well that 'shut up' wasn't nearly as nice as the last one."

"Fine but I'm only doing this to wipe that smug look off your face," I smiled before leaning in to kiss Kevin again, his lips always seemed to have a taste of coffee to them.

"Get a room!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I spun around to see Chris walking towards the kitchen.

"Fucking hell!" Kevin yelled, he was really easily scared lately.

"Kevin!" I complained. I wasn't really used to people swearing, the worst things I've said are 'gosh', 'shoot', and 'dangit.'

"Sorry," Kevin paused, "Fucking heck!"

Chris laughed through a mouthful of poptarts, "You guys are like an old married couple."

I felt my face heat up at the phrase 'married couple' and I noticed that Kevin's face was turning bright red as well. I always thought that I would marry a girl one day, plenty of Mormons do. They somehow manage to turn it off their entire life and pretend to be just like everybody else. Maybe one day.. no I'm over thinking what PopTarts said. I haven't even known Kevin for that long.. but I can't imagine living without him.

Chris happily skipped back to his room with at least four boxes of poptarts cradled in his arms, "Well.. See you guys later!"

* * *

The phrase 'married couple' continued to pop into my thoughts. It's ridiculous to even be thinking about that I mean I haven't been with Kevin for that long and we're only nineteen. Not to mention we're stuck in a country for two years where it's illegal for us to even be together. And the fact that we're both Mormon.. well I'm not so sure about Kevin but our families are Mormon.

I know my family will hate me if I tell them.. when I tell them. All they've ever done is taught me to repress my emotions, told me that my feelings were sins, they weren't much of a family anyways. I'll be perfectly fine without them.. maybe even.. better off without them.