Chapter 6: Auntie Marshue

Start from the beginning

"Put me down!"

" Do you wanna lay on the concrete ground all night or do you wanna get inside?"

(*I can't stand that asshole)

" Just shut up keep walking asshole."

He smirked. "Feisty and Cute."

He carried me for 3 blocks before we made it to the place. (* I'll be honest. I kind of secretly enjoyed him carrying me 3 blocks. I was kind of sad the ride was over.)

"Here we are."

I turned my head to see where we were. The Chicago Library? Why in hell would Carter bring me here?

He carried me through the door to find  Ms.Marshue reading 31 Steps to Growing Bigger Breasts.

I was so confused. "Ms.Marshue?"

She looked up and gasped. "Halo?"

"Hey."

Carter put me down and Ms.Marshue ran to me and checked me out.

" What are you doing here. And so late?"

Then Carter barged in on the conversation. " I found her laying on the ground in the cold by herself."

" Thank God you found her Carter. Halo, what were you doing out there?"

I couldn't tell her. At least, not now. I can't even process what happened.

"I....uh"

Carter must've read my mind. He barged in again. "That's not important right now. Auntie Marshue, why dont you go make Halo some soup."

Wait? Did he say auntie?

"Of course. Take care of her while I'm gone Carter."

What the hell was going on?

She left for the kitchen and Carter had just gotten some wash cloths and towels.

"Now let's get you warmed up."

He ran some warm water on the wash cloths, walked over to me, and started dabbing the wash cloths on my face.

He was a really sweet guy( You know, for an asshole.) As I looked at him, i could see the warmth and tenderness in his eyes. His  dimples were so cute, I wanted to touch them.

SNAP OUT OF IT! He's just using his looks to lure sluts and whores to do his sexual bidding. Well I was not gonna be one of those sluts.

I knocked his hand out of my face.
"Okay, what the hell is going on?"

"What do you mean?"

(Really asshole?) "I MEAN, you just so happen to find a girl lying in an abandoned street. What were you even doing there? And since when do you call Ms.Marhue "Auntie"?"

He took a sigh,( Apparently not realizing he didn't tell me shit) and sat down next to me.

"Okay. I was walking down that abandoned street to go meet someone. A friend who can get me stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

"Like...pills."

(I knew this asshole wasn't the total package!)

"Why do you need them?"

He looked around to make sure Ms.Marshue wasn't  around." Promise you won't tell anyone."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Depends on what it is."

He sighed. " Okay, I have this condition. Ebola. I constantly have intense pain at night when I sleep. My family's falling on hard times so it's too expensive to buy meds from a doctor. So I met up with a drug dealer to get some painkillers."

My jaw dropped. Never would I have thought someone like him would have such a hard time.

"And the "auntie" thing?"

" My mom and dad go out on job searches in France. When they couldn't afford to take care of me, they sent me to America to live with my Aunt Marshue. She's my dad's sister. So I live here until my parents can find some work."

I couldn't help myself for feeling so bad for him. Poor guy. He's been through so much.

"Yeah, so...thats it. Anyway, let's see if Auntie Marshe is finished with the sou-"

I hugged him and grasped his shirt and dug my nails in deep. I leaned into his ear. " I'm so sorry."

He wrapped his arms around me.

" Don't think this makes you any less of an asshole."

He chuckled and clung me tighter.