Chapter 5 - Was it worth it?

Start from the beginning

"Ok Ms. Sage. Take this cup in the bathroom and pee inside of it. Once you're finished, you can bring it back and put it on the station over there." He instructed.

I looked at Quinn nervously as I walked to the bathroom, because I have no clue what's going on.

After returning the cup to the station, I sat back on the examination table and watched as the doctor stuck some white looking things in my pee.

I couldn't exactly see what it was from where I was sitting.

Ewwwhh. Just yucky I thought.

"So there is good news and bad news. Which would you like first?" He questioned.

"Bad!" Quinn answered.

"The bad news is, you're anemic and your iron level is low, so I will prescribe iron supplements for you to take and also you seemed dehydrated and your blood sugar is low. Now for the good news, Congratulations, you're pregnant. I also prescribed prenatal vitamins for you to take as well. The nurse will give you a sheet when you're leaving with referrals to Obstetricians in the area. You need to eat and drink lots of water." He was talking and I was dying slowly inside with each word. How could this have happened?

I was so smart but yet so stupid.

I collected the papers from the nurse and we got a cab back to school.

Quinn must have realized that I didn't want to talk because she just held my hand in support the entire time not saying a word but I knew she wouldn't be able to hold back for long.

As soon as we made it back to our dorm room she asked "Rae what are you going to do?"

"I have no idea. I dreamed of having children in the late future, maybe one or two, but not now. I can't drop out of school Q! I have no money to raise a child; I'm still dependent on my parents. And Bryce, I was only a one night stand, he never even called me. How am I to just tell him I'm pregnant all of a sudden? Oh gosh, my parents are going to be so disappointed." I started to cry really hard.

"I can't have an abortion Q! I can't. That's just not right. And I don't think I can be brave enough to give my child up for adoption and still live with myself. But how am I going to raise a baby...." Quinn enveloped me in her arms as I cried.

"It's gonna be ok, I promise. I'll be here for you no matter what, but I think you should tell Bryce, he has a right to know. I can get his number from Ethan if you want." She reasoned.

After I stopped crying, puking my guts out and calmed down, I agreed to call him. I put the phone on speaker so that Quinn could hear as well.

"Hello!" A female voice filtered through the phone. "Hello!" She answered again after no response. Quinn saw that I wasn't going to respond so she took the phone from my hand.

"Hi! Is Bryce there?" Q asked.

"And whom may I say is calling?" Quinn rolled her eyes at the phone.

"It's Quinn, a friend of a friend." She responded.

"Well I don't know a Quinn. You're probably a past fuck, trying to put your claws back in my man. I'll advise you not to call this number anymore. " She said and hung up.

"What a bitch! Forget her and Bryce. I want nothing to do with him anymore. Please don't tell Ethan that I'm pregnant or anyone else apart from Cara. I'm going to go schedule an appointment for the OBGYN and prepare how I'm going to tell my mom, who I know is going to tell my dad." I told Quinn as I went and shut myself in the bathroom and cried my heart out with the shower running.

***************************************

My parents were disappointed to put it mildly.

My dad went of the hinge threatening to kill the bastard who did this to me, so I refused to tell him who the father was until he calmed down.