|19| Turning Page

Start from the beginning

"About time, I can't be stuck in here for much longer." Dakota complained, throwing the door open and grabbing her sword and sliding it over her back. Dakota opened her jacket to reveal three more scabbards for throwing knives and she slipped three knives into its holder.

Clarke groaned. "Guess we're going on foot,"

"Anyone hear the part where I said it could be days?" Jasper shouted as the group followed Octavia up the hill.

"Stop." Octavia put her hand out to silence him. "You hear that?" She said, turning to face the two girls as hope flared in her eyes.

"Water," Clarke whispered with a slight smile.

"Eyes sharp," Bellamy shouted, holding his gun up, "They could be hostile."

"They're not hostile!" Octavia snapped. "Put the guns down."

Dakota ran along a large, fast moving river, following Octavia's lead through the forest. They all moved through the trees until suddenly it cut off near a small hill. Dakota climbed down the hill.

"Where's the village?" Jasper asked as the group stopped right in front of the water. Dakota's eyes lit up at the sight of the large mountains and the water that kissed the grey and foggy air, making the location look more mysterious. Bellamy stole a glance over at the girl, seeing her lips turn up into a true smile and for a second there, Bellamy felt his lips twitch at the pure delight that was washed over Dakota's face.

Octavia looked down at the map, her eyes locking on some stone structures on a small peninsula not too far away. "No. No, it can't be," Octavia grumbled before heading over to the structures.

Dakota followed after her as Octavia ran towards the small island, standing in the center of the stones. "This isn't a village. It's just a bunch of rocks," Dakota said, confusedly.

'She's gone," Clarke whispered.

"What do we do now?" Jasper threw his hands up as Octavia had walked over to the edge, kneeling down. She let out a scream of frustration, pretty much voicing everyone's thoughts in this moment.

 She let out a scream of frustration, pretty much voicing everyone's thoughts in this moment

****

Slumping back in her seat, Dakota eyes began to close as the other prisoners watched carefully at Pike who was making fire out of wood and rope. Dakota jolted awake when a sharp paint erupted from her forearm, when she opened her eyes, Murphy was staring back at her with a playful smile.

"Keep your hands to yourself, John." Dakota snarled as she realized that he had pinched her. She put her boots up onto the seat in front of her, making the boy turn around and scowl at her but Murphy told him off, making her smile. Murphy had leaned into her, "How can I keep my hands to myself when you're-"

 Murphy had leaned into her, "How can I keep my hands to myself when you're-"