|19| Turning Page

Please comment and vote for the story!

Trigedasleng = Italics

_________

"Let's go." The guard commanded the prisoners as they were rushed into their former classroom. Dakota crossed her arms over her chest as she entered the room beside Murphy, while Murphy glared at everyone who stared at his ex-girlfriend. Dakota locked eyes with her father briefly before sending a sneer in his direction and looking away the minute her father shared a worried glance.

Dakota took a seat next to John Murphy and crossed her leg over the other while pulling her jacket tighter around her. "This is stupid-" Dakota leaned over to Murphy who interrupted her the minute her mouth had opened.

"At least you not handcuffed to a wall right now," Murphy looked over at the brunette who frowned. "Wanna take a nap?" He grinned.

Dakota rolled her eyes at him, punching his arm playfully. "Shut up, John." She gave him a flirty smile and faced the front.

"Welcome to Earth Skills," their teacher, Charles Pike spoke, making everyone look at the front of the glass.

****

The windshield wipers glided over the windshield as water fell off the glass. Everyone was silent as the driving began to take a toll on them. The weather was miserable and the thick tension in the air didn't help either. Dakota sat in the passenger seat, heading leaning against the window as she stared off into the endless forests and watched the rain drops race down the window. Dakota still had her doubts of finding Luna and, if they did manage to find the other Night-blood, she had her doubts that the girl would even help them. She had trust in Octavia's lover, Lincoln, but Dakota found it hard to believe that the girl would stick the chip in her head after running from the Conclave.

Jasper had been keeping a close eye on the map, comparing it's locations to the ones that they had already drove through. "It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage." He said, his fingers trailing delicately over the map in Lincoln's book. "Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

"At least we know we're going the right direction." Bellamy mumbled back, his jaw clenching in frustration.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun, recharge the battery." Jasper suggested.

Dakota scoffed and turned around to look at the boy. "What sun, Jasp?" She gestured towards the windshield where the rain continued to splatter down upon it. "It's raining out there and I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon."

"Yeah," Clarke agreed, "and neither are we. We keep going until it dies."

"We keep going until we get to Luna." Octavia corrected her, glancing at the blonde.

"This her?" Jasper said, holding up a drawing of a girl with wild curly hair.

Octavia nodded. "Yes."

"What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking to put an A.I. in her head?" He reiterated the question Dakota had been asking herself all along.

"Lincoln said she helps those that are in trouble. She'll help us, too," She assured them. Dakota gasped as Bellamy slammed on the brakes, the rover skidding to a stop on wet leaves. Dakota looked over to glare at him when her head almost hit the windshield, but his eyes weren't focused on her, they were focused on the tree in the way.

"Think she can help us find a better map?" Jasper mumbled sarcastically which made Dakota snort, fixing her position in her seat.

Bellamy sighed, assessing the situation. "Backtrack. We'll find somewhere where the trees aren't so bad." Bellamy said while shifting the rover into reverse. He was cut off when the back door swung open and Octavia jumped out. "Hey!"