The reason why Cat wasn't happy was because she didn't like Brianna.

It wasn't even a secret that she would have told Kyle if she wasn't drunk out of her mind. She was so drunk that the next day she didn't even remember telling him everything.

Cat hated everything about Brianna because she had seen her try to force Sia into things that the girl didn't want to do.

Even Kyle couldn't deny the fact that Brianna was the kind that couldn't help but try and change the people around her. She loved to try new things. She loved to live wild but she didn't like to do it alone. At the beginning she tried to reel Ansyl into her lifestyle but Nathan would always intervene so she turned to Sia.

Being as protective as she was of Sia, Cat knew that if she fought Brianna then Brianna would just try harder. So instead of fighting her, Cat became her partner.

It wasn't a bad idea considering the fact that just like Brianna, Cat liked to try new things.

"Maybe tomorrow we could have a small party," Brianna suggested, making Nathan frown.

"I don't think this is the right time for parties," Nathan pointed out.

"It's the perfect time. We're all in this dark place and could use something to lighten the mood," Brianna argued.

"And a rave is going to help with that?" Nathan asked, not convinced by her reasoning.

"I didn't mean a rave. I meant like a get-together sort of thing, just for us. No outsiders. Just us listening to some music and eating good food," Brianna rolled her eyes.

"I don't think so, Bri," Nathan shook his head.

As Nathan shot down Brianna's idea, her eyes moved to Kyle and he knew that now she wanted him to step in to help her. The smart move would be to stay out of it but somehow when it came to Brianna, Kyle listened more to his heart than to his mind. His heart, unfortunately, liked to follow her around like a puppy.

"It's not a bad idea," Kyle said and Nathan rolled his eyes.

Nathan knew that Kyle was speaking up because he wanted to get on Brianna's good side.

"Hear me out okay," Kyle said hurriedly. "Before you shoot down the idea just think about it a bit. Maybe we all just need a relaxing evening with each other and this could be the way. It would be totally safe because Bri being the psychopath she is, has cameras everywhere."

His eyes then moved to Brianna who was now glaring at him for the psychopath comment but it seemed to bring a smile to everyone else's face which was good.

"If Annie is in the mood, she could maybe make her mind-blowing, heaven-sent chocolate brownies for us," he then went on, looking at Ansyl who was now smiling at him.

With that smile, he knew that he was getting through to her.

"And our resident kitty cat could maybe make her world-famous cheese-filled pasta," he suggested and Cat's eyes fell on Sia.

The only reason why he had even mentioned the pasta was because he knew that Sia loved it and if Sia loved it then Cat would never say no.

"The way I see it, the evening couldn't get more relaxing than that," Kyle shrugged.

Nathan stared at Kyle for a while and then sighed, slightly shaking his head while internally Kyle rejoiced.

"No alcohol," Nathan said and Kyle nodded.

"As you wish," he promised and then smirked at Brianna who rolled her eyes at him.

"I always have good ideas," Brianna mumbled, crossing her arms.

"On that note, I'm going to head home because I need some shut-eye," Kyle said, getting up.

"I'll walk you out." Brianna nodded.

He then said goodbye to everyone, giving Sia an extra-long hug because frankly, she needed one.

As he walked out of the apartment, Brianna shut the door behind her and then pushed Kyle against the wall, her lips meeting his. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he kissed her back passionately letting her scent fill his veins.

While Kyle was very open about the way he lived his life, there was one thing that he didn't tell anyone.

Kyle and Brianna had been involved with each other for some time now but there was nothing romantic about their relationship. Brianna wouldn't ever let it go that far.

Hell, she didn't even let him tell anyone about their relationship.

Slowly, she pulled away from Kyle and smiled at him, their bodies still pressed together.

"You're a good boy," she hummed, patting his head and Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Now I'm your pet dog? Bad days have truly come," Kyle shook his head but Brianna didn't say anything.

She pulled away from him and with one last smile, went back into the apartment.

Sighing, Kyle made his way to his car, his hands shoved in his jeans pocket. As he walked, he could hear the sound of footsteps and looked back to find no one behind him. It was a bit strange but he decided not to think about it too much.

He found his car, got in and started driving home. However, while he was driving, for some reason he could hear a sound that made no sense since he was driving.

No matter how much he tried to ignore it, the sound just seemed to follow him. A bit anxious now, he switched on the radio, increasing the volume as much as he could.

However, despite the music, he could hear the footsteps.

Calming himself down, Kyle thought about it rationally and knew that his mind was probably playing a trick on him. After hearing Sia's story, he couldn't deny that he was a bit scared and now that fear was just making him hear things that weren't actually there.

Once he had reached home, Kyle opened the front door slowly, hoping he wouldn't wake up his parents, and went up the stairs to his room. However, as he went up the stairs, he felt like someone was following him.

Turning around, he thought his mom might have gotten up but there was no one there except him.

Gulping, he made his way to his room. Kicking off his shoes and stripping down to his boxers, Kyle fell onto his bed exhausted by the night. For now, he just wanted to forget everything and go to sleep.

Adjusting his pillow beneath his bed, he closed his eyes when he heard the sound again.

In the silence of the night, the footsteps seemed to echo in his room, their intensity increasing with each passing second. It always almost as if someone was pacing around Kyle's bed.

As the sound increased, so did the sound of Kyle's heartbeat. He knew that all he had to do was open his eyes and the illusion would end but there was something about the cold night that made him so scared. His throat felt dry and his body felt as if it was made of lead.

Suddenly the footsteps became faster as if someone was now running until they completely died. Soon there was no sound in Kyle's room, nothing but absolute silence.

His heart began to calm down as his mind reminded him how stupid it was of him to be scared. There wasn't anyone in his room.

You're such a good boy.

As the words reached his ears, his eyes snapped open and he looked around the room. At that moment Kyle could swear that he heard someone speak to him in a voice that he couldn't even describe as human. It was raspy, growling, and almost animal-like.

Soon the lights in his room came on as he looked around, his heart beating out of control and his mind in a frenzy, looking for a logical explanation.

He had to be imagining things.

However, even thoughKyle was trying to convince himself that whatever he heard was just his imagination, the black footprints that went around his bed told a differentstory.