Chapter 6

I get out of my bed and grab a backpack. I start to pack it with everything that I would need for at least a week. I go over to my nightstand and open the drawer. In the drawer is a knife, I pack that too. I might need to defend myself. From what? No idea. But I'd rather have something to protect myself with than nothing. I also pack a picture of Ara, my mom, and me-just to remember them..

After I get done packing, I place the backpack right beside my bed. But, I place it so if anyone walked in, they wouldn't see it. I lay my head on my pillow. I have to admit, it feels good to lay down. I stare at the ceiling until I fall asleep.

♪☆・♪☆:.。..。.:♪☆・♪☆:.。.・♪☆

The sun shines through the window. I rub my the sleep from my eyes and look at a watch that is on my night stand. It read 6:00. I get my crutches and get changed into shorts and a black tank top. I get my left sneaker on and put the right one in my bag.

After putting on my jacket, I sling the backpack over my shoulders. I live in Central with Mustang right now, so I'll have to take a train to get to Resembool. Also, since he is now Cornel, him and Riza are probably at work.

I open my door slow at first to see if they're here. No one. I start walking to the train station on my crutches. Every once and a while, I wince from the vibrations of the crutches.

♪☆・♪☆:.。..。.:♪☆・♪☆:.。.・♪☆

I reach the train station, and I have to admit that it's a lot busier than I thought it would be. I pass adults and some give me sympathetic looks, but I ignore them. I don't need any sympathy.

I make my way over to a sign that has a schedule on it. It read: Resembool: 7:00 A.M. 10:00 A.M. 12:30 P.M. I made it just in time! Wait. How am I going to pay for this? I push the thought away. I follow two adults onto the train and act as if I was their child. They pay for me not even noticing. Well, that was easy.

I get onto the train with a little trouble and others yelling at me to go faster. "I'm sorry. It's kind of hard with one leg," I mumble. "We don't have all day kid!" someone yells. I finally get on and find an open seat. I lean my head against the window as the train starts moving. I watch the scenery as we pass.

Soon I realize that the train had arrived at Resembool. I rush to the front of the train and get off first. I look around and take in my surroundings. Where would the Rockbells be? I make my way over to two people working in a field. I ask, "Excuse me? Do you know where the Rockbells are?"

They look at my and then my leg. One of them nod and say, "Keep walking that way and you'll see a house. It has a sign that says Rockbell on it, so it should be pretty easy to find." He points in the direction I should walk. "Thank you very much," I say. They smile and I give a small smile back.

I go down the path until I see the house they were talking about. I go up to the door and as I'm about to knock on it, someone opens the door. A short lady with glasses and a pipe in her mouth. She says, "Oh. Hello young lady. Is there something you need?"

I nod a little and say, "Um... I was wondering if you could get me an auto mail leg. I don't have much to give, but I came all the way from Central... Please, I need a leg." "How'd you loose it?" she asks. "It's a long story," I answer.

She sighs, "Come on in girl." "My name's Kate," I say. She nods and leads my into her home. I look around and see a boy with golden hair and eyes. He sits next to someone in armor, odd. People don't just wear armor... A girl with blonde hair is scolding them about something. They all look my age-around ten.

"Winry. Show Kate around while I work in a leg for her," the short lady says. The blonde turns around and nods. She walks up to me and says, "Hi. I'm Winry, and I guess I'll be showing you around." She smiles and puts her hand out. I shake her hand and say, "I'm Kate. Nice to meet you." I give a small smile.

I don't know how I can still smile, but I try. "Let me introduce you to these two idiots," she smiles at me but when she says 'these two idiots', she glares at the boy and thesuit of armor sitting next to him.