Chapter 3

Please. Please just stop. She doesn't stop and runs right into my back. "I won't let you get hurt Kate!" she cries. You idiot. I told her to leave... Why didn't she listen... I have no defense. I can't protect Aralyn even if I tried. "Did you tell Dad?" I ask her. She shakes her head no. This can't be happening.

I put my arm in front of her and step forward. "If you were to kill either of us, it might as well be me. You'll kill me and won't lay a finger on my sister. Got it?" I say. "Sorry but I don't take orders from kids," he says. He fires.

I shut my eyes ready to die. But the bullet didn't touch me. I open my eyes and look down. Ara is on the ground, bleeding from that man's bullet. "ARALYN!" I scream. If Mustang doesn't hear me now, then I might as well be dead. I catch her body as she falls and she takes a shaky breath.

"I love you Kate. Remember that okay," she says. "I love you so much Aralyn. I'll remember," I say with tears running down my face. "Smile?" She says. I smile for her and she smiles back. "Hang in there sis. You can get through this," I say. She can't die. She has such a long life in front of her!

She takes her last breath as I hold her in my arms. "No. No... No! Aralyn! You can't die! Aralyn answer me!" I scream, shaking her in my arms.

Aftet a while of me crying over my sister's body, Endil laughs, "Well, my work here is done. Have a good life little girl." I lay Ara down softly and charge at the man. He easily dodges and then says, "I can't kill you right now, sorry." He smirks. That stupid smirk of his... I hear a snap and fire roars right pats us. The Cornel. I just stand there. I can't do anything anymore... There's no reason to fight him, I'm not strong enough.

Footsteps come from behind me and Riza taps my shoulder. "Where did that man go?" she asks. I look up and Endil was gone... Then, I turn to my sister and stare at her body.

"She was only five. Trying to help me. I should be dead! Not her! It's not fair; everyone dies and I can't do anything about it!" I cry out. I walk to my sister's side and cradle her in my arms once more.

Mustang tries to come to me but I give him a glare. "It Gould have been me..." I kept repeating. I remember something though...

I heard that there was some type of alchemy that could bring dead people to life. I only know because I used to study alchemy, but I stopped last year. What was it called? Human Transmutation. I know that it is forbidden, but I have to save my sister.

I run to the house and grab all of the ingredients of the human body. I go to the basement and make the circle on the ground. I place Ara in the middle and drop some of my blood on her. I clap my hands together and press then against the cement.

Gold lightning comes from the circle. I thought it was supposed to be blue! What I see after that is truly terrifying.